Wednesday, May 6, 2009

DANCING WITH THE STARS


I love watching TV. Sitcoms, games shows, reality shows… I love them all. Recently, I was invited to go to a taping of DANCING WITH THE STARS and guess what? Watching T.V. shows live is even more FABULOUS than watching them on your couch!

I don’t really follow DANCING WITH THE STARS religiously, but I was excited when my friend Zoe asked me to join her to the taping. She’s friend with David Allen Greer (known for In Living Color, DAG and most recently Chocolate News on Comedy Central), who was one of the competing celebrity dancers, so we got VIP tickets.

We arrived at CBS studios and were ushered into our seats, FRONT ROW! The show began with a group dance. My feet started tapping and soon I was bopping in my seat. It’s so different to watch live. I was completely drawn into each of the contestant’s anxiety before they danced, anger when they messed up or excitement when they got it right.

My heart melted as Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough (real life boyfriend and girlfriend) stared into each other’s eyes as they swept across the floor with the Viennese Waltz (like a real life Barbie and Ken). I screamed with delight as Gilles Marini performed a passionate and flawless Paso Doble with no shirt covering his hot body (They should just give Gilles the trophy now! He is so good!). I crossed my fingers and hoped David Allen Greer and Steve-O (the nights bottom two) would do well, but alas they only did ok. The last dancer, Lil Kim sashayed across the floor looking more Disney princess than a rap artist and the hosts bid the audience farewell.

DANCING WITH THE STARS is FABULOUS and watching it live was even more of a delight than I would have imagined. Now I have to figure out a way to become a big enough star to be a contestant (OOOooo… That would be so fun!!)

PS. Sorry for the delay in blog posts. I seemed to have gotten behind in my real work (and a girls gotta pay the bills). New video blog coming next week!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chudney, how cool would it be if you and your brother, Evan were part of the same season. It would be the same, friendly sibling competition as Julianne and her brother, Derek. I would split my votes for you both and rally more people to watch if you, two, were on. That would be some great TV.
Sincerely, a well wisher.

Ruth said...

Just glad to see you're ok! Was really quite worried...phew...

Hugs Rosser Ruth x

Anonymous said...

So Chudney, glad to see you are ok... now about your real work. tell us more...we are interested in that too.

Mark said...

Hi Chudney,

Thanks for the cool update! It sounds like you had a great experience to see the taping of an episode of "Dancing with the Stars"! Thanks for sharing it with us! I am glad that you had a great time. My father enjoys watching that show all of the time, and I sometimes catch an episode here and there. I always enjoy listening to all of the live music. I love music!!!! The dancing is also fun to watch. I am sure that we will soon see you as a contestant on this show and many others in the future!

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Mark

P.S. I can't wait to see your mother's show at Foxwoods' MGM Grand next week in CT!!!! I am going with my family. It is going to be spectacular (as always)!!!!

Gene S. said...

Hi hi,
Hey what do you mean you're waiting to become a big FABULOUS star??? In case you haven't heard it yet, You already are! Welcome back. Gene

x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey seriously..,Chud,its really cool to read your blogs...!Sorry that i didnt write....on your blog for such a long time,had been busy with my band...,love u..and god bless..,
RAge

Andreas said...

Glad you are back with a new topic, as always a pleasure to read.

I am sure to be a part or just even watch the taping of an episode " Dancing with the Stars " must be fun and very exciting.

Waiting for next weeks topic !!!


Andreas