Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THE PSYCHIC


Are you interested in what the future holds? I am and that is why I have always wanted to see a PSYCHIC!

Many years ago, my friend Zoe went to a PSYCHIC in Colorado. Since then, most of the things that I can remember she told me have come true (her marriage, her change of career and ultimately her leaving Colorado). My friend Kim recently saw one too and found out all sorts of exciting things in her future.

I’m a wholehearted believer that some people have a sixth sense and can see things in their mind’s eye that others can’t (I also believe in ghost, angels and fate). Being a believer also made me a little nervous to actually follow through and see a PSYCHIC. I mean, what if she told me (like in the movies) that disaster was imminent or what if she said something I didn’t want hear?

Recently, I was eating lunch with my friend Sara at Urth CafĂ© on Melrose and she mentioned she had once seen a PSYCHIC at the Bodhi Tree bookstore right next door. After we chowed down on our yummy salads, we went over to check out some books. As we walked by the PSYCHIC’s room, I took a card and stuck it in my bag (which is right where it sat for many weeks).

Then I had another disappointment with a guy I had been seeing (who I thought was pretty darn fantastic). I thought to myself… now is the perfect time to get some answers! I called and made an appointment for later in the week.

Driving to the Bodhi Tree on the day of the appointment, I wasn’t nervous or scared (as I thought I might be), I was hopeful and excited. You may not be a believer, but I was optimistic that this woman was going to give me some answers.

I arrived early, parked and sat outside the Bodhi Tree to wait. I was greeted by a nice looking light skinned African-American woman (not the person you might picture as a PSYCHIC – like Ms. Cleo from TV – just a normal lady). She brought me in and we made our introductions and some small talk. She asked what I wanted to focus on in our time together.

I tend to get down on myself in two major categories: Career and Love. I’m doing ok in my career NOW but it took many years for me to figure out my place, what I was good at and what would bring me joy in the long run. I hold the ideal of success high. I mean having a mother that is a superstar and icon makes a girl dream BIG! Even though recently I have seen some successes in my career, I tend to beat myself up. I often feel like things are not coming fast enough or often enough.

Love is another story all together. I mean, I just don’t really understand it (men) at all. I mean, I think I’m a pretty good catch. I am smart, attractive, fun and looking for a guy who is the same. The only problem is when I find someone who seems like a good fit, they disappoint me more often than not.

Needless to say, I sought out a PSYCHIC to answer this: Will I ever feel fulfilled and successful in my career (and be able to pay all my bills on time)? And will I meet a man who will appreciate me and not run for the hills at the mention of marriage and children?

She shuffled the Tarot cards and placed them in front of me. “What should we look at first,” She asked. We decided to start with career. I shuffled the deck, then she told me to place my hand on it and visualize my career. I thought about my struggles, confusion and the recent progress. I thought about the book deal, teaching and hosting. I thought of it all. She told me to cut the deck in three and then put them all back together in one. Then she took the deck and started flipping one card after another over.

She said, “I can see it’s been a struggle.” I agreed. She could see that I had been though many different paths to lead to where I am now, which is true! (I have been a teacher, ski instructor, model, worked in TV production, taught music, and studied acting). She also saw that I have chosen two paths instead of one. (I am actively pursuing writing as well as hosting). She saw that money has been a struggle and that I still do other things that lead me away from my main goals (a girl’s gotta pay the bills). But then she said just what I wanted to hear! My career looked bright! She said that I will finally feel successful and more settled upon my second book deal (bring it on!) and by early fall I will be coming into a VERY lucrative offer having to do with the media (Whoo Hoo)! Her advice was to try to stay positive, recognize the good things that happen and appreciate them… then more will come.

With career looking bright, we moved onto love (which wasn’t feeling so bright at the moment). She shuffled the cards, then I shuffled and again I placed my hand on the deck thinking this time about the good feelings of past love, love lost, joy, hurt, laughter and sadness. I cut the deck in three and returned them to one pile. She took the deck and began putting cards down again (this time slower). She said, “I can feel some sadness.” I agreed. My heart was still hurting. We spoke about the guy in question and she could see he was smart and handsome. She felt that he was dealing with his own issues without regard to my feelings. She said that although he has many of the qualities of the man I will eventually marry, he was not the one. She dealt more cards and told me the man that I will marry will be ruggedly handsome with short, cropped hair (Yeah! I will not die a spinster alone with a house full of cats!) He will be smart and have some sort of fame in his field. Not necessarily celebrity fame, but he will be well respected in the work he does (I like the sound of that)! She said I won’t meet him though till I am more settled in my career and finances. Now, please excuse me while I get back to work so that time will come sooner!

I don’t know if all that the PSYCHIC told me is true, but having something positive to look forward to in the future is FABULOUS!

13 comments:

Rosser Ruth! lol said...

I believe :) Keep believing ;)

x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene S. said...

Okay Chudney, this time I beat you to the punch for your weekly shenanigans. I took a xanax before, to steadied me, so you couldn't shock me this time. It worked! Hey I'm even thinking perhaps I should go to a psychic too! I'm glad it was a positive reading and not one that lead you to come back again and again. Actually the advice she gave was just good common sense. Something you already have, To believe in yourself keep striving and working hard for what you want and to not settle for less on anything, that include boyfriends, ever! You owe yourself nothing less.

Regarding the guy you thought was perhaps a serious contender, I'm sorry, not for you, but for him, his loss a very lovely, intelligent lady with a heart as big and as bright as the sun, is immensely more of a loss than the other way around. Hey by the way, don't be so quick to exclude guys that are a little different. Remember the old adage, opposites attract.
When I met my partner, he was handsome, nice,vey business driven and well read with a degree in Education Psychology and Journalism and me, your truly who only had had night high school diploma, a few city collage courses and couldn't balance a check book if my life depended on it. Well we been together almost 28yrs now. And before you asked, no i didn't trapped him by claiming I was pregnant, like my first two partners. Boy were they stupid! LOL! Just kidding. Anyway Kiddo, just be patient. It will all come together in the end.
Just keep trusting your instincts and your family advice. Take care-Gene. P.s. Xanax is starting to kick in. I may get back in touch to ask you for that psychic Card. I used to go the Bodhi Tree. If I remember correctly, it's on the northwest side of melrose off of la cienga, right? Bye 4 now.

uniquelovely said...

Yeah, keep believing, i do not have a job right now , recently broke up with my boyfriend but i am open to new things i believe that if you open up you will strive for good things

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WendyB said...

In 2005, a psychic told my mother than I'd be considering changing the name of my jewelry company. And the next year something drastic happened that caused me to change the name. Weird, right?

amera said...

Dear Chudney;

Your story with reference to THE PSYCHIC...is rather interesting.
As far as I am aware...they cannot...[sort of like patient doctor privliedge]...tell you anything that is bad news.
The reason is rather understandable...as I suppose if I were [or anyone else for that matter]...in some sort of turmoil...all one would have to hear is something awful was about to happen to you...[ ONE COULD LITERALLY...GO OFF THE DEEP END]...if you know what I mean????
Aside from all of that...I want to tell you...that as far as your career goes...I am certain that you will be more than fine.
Long before the book THE SECRET came out....[I am positive that he got his message from me]...just kidding...however...I have always been the sort of person to think very positively...and also believe...that those thoughts bring about more positive things.
Surround yourself with all beauty...[people and things}.
Beauty is after all..in the eye of the beholder.
You know what I mean!
Equally important is to LET GO of all things negative...[people and things].
You will see what wonders...the future will bring!

In the face of all adversity...there is a message...a meaning...something that will ultimately bring about something good.
My philosophy in life...is simple...'IF YOU THINK YOU CAN...YOU CAN"!!!..."IF YOU THINK YOU CAN'T...YOU ARE RIGHT"!!!!
Some people actually visualize their dreams...and then work towards making them a reality.
Sometimes Chudney....a heart can see...what is sometimes invisible to the eye.
I will tell you what I see...for your future...[for free}.
When you meet someone...expect nothing...because otherwise...you will be INFINITELY disapponted.
If it turns out to be better than what you had anticipated...then that will be your bonus.
This is my approach to doing most things...if you expect nothing...then for the most part..you are surprised...if you expect too much...you almost always get let down.

It is when you are NOT thinking about LOVE...MARRIAGE...RELATIONSHIPS..
when the magic happens.

You say that you often beat yourself up...and that to me is very difficult to understand .
You appear to be such a wonderful person.

This is precisely what I see for your future...it will most certainly be much larger...and much brighter...than you could have ever dreamed it would be... and THEN SOME!

Now that will be $50.00 dollars...I'll send you the bill...[HAHAHA].
No in fact...the first session is on the house...but I will get you next time.

All kidding aside...I do apply this to most everything I do in life..being in the fashion industry... I come across so many...many different types of people....all of whom I either employ...or do business with.

The most memorable and amazing..are always those I expected nothing from.

This is my story...and I am sticking to it.

Love
amera

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.