Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CHEF DIET – MEAL HOME DELIVERY


So if you’ve read my blog before you know I love food! I have droned on about my love of fast food (October 10, 2007). I have rattled on and on about the fine dining I enjoy from east to west (February 6, 2008 and November 26, 2007). In every blog I ALWAYS mention what I ate and how much I enjoyed it.

Yes, I work out like a mad woman (I’ve blogged about that too on February 13, 2008). BUT no matter how fast I run or how many pirouettes or squats I do… after a while the big macs, steak dinners and chocolate cakes start catching up with me.

I have gained 10 pounds since November! I know I’m not fat (actually I feel a lot more womanly with some curves), but when none of your clothes (except leggings and sweatpants) fit right anymore, you have to re-access your eating habits. I mean NO ONE wants to see my muffin tops hanging over the back of my jeans! SERIOUSLY!

One day last summer, I was in a mood (not a good one) and I decided to lift my spirits by sunning myself at the Mondrian hotel’s pool (my favorite and ideal summer day includes mimosa’s at the pool). I layed with my eyes closed taking in the Hollywood sun, but the waitress kept buggin me! She informed me that two men across the pool wanted to buy me a drink. I politely declined, but meant “Leave me alone!” She kept coming back!

Finally, I ordered water with a roll of my eyes (I told u I was in a moooooooood)! BUT THEN… I heard the pop of a champagne bottle. The mimosa’s had been poured and I perked up. I love a mimosa by the pool so I finally accepted. I chatted with the men and it turned out these guys where just what I needed to turn my frown upside down (I actually really enjoy a little friendly banter with strangers). They were not trying to get in my pants. They were just being friendly.

Turns out the nice men at the Mondrian pool were the managers / owners of Chef Diets (home delivery meals). I had received a free month certificate in a gift bag once, but never used it. They offered me a trial month and I accepted (you know how I like freebies! Check out February 27, 2008 blog)! At the time, I wasn’t looking to lose weight, so I did the maintaining diet just to get healthy and enjoy the free meals.

Chef Diets is FABULOUS! A bag of food is placed on your doorstep every morning before you wake up. I would wake with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, rush down stairs in my pjs, swoop up the bag and tear it open to see what treats I had for the day. It’s like Christmas!

The food is fresh, healthy and delicious! I usually don’t eat breakfast or snacks so I love that they give three meals a day as well as two snacks. You’re eating every three hours or so, which is a much better way of maintaining and creating a healthy lifestyle. It's not a crash diet where you regain all the weight the second you stop. It’s eating for life and the food is delicious so you’re never ever hungry!

This time around I am doing the Chef diet's low caloric diet to lose a little weight. I get my three meals and two snacks four days a week. I look forward to fitting back in my jeans and slinky dresses by summer! Leaving days off gives me the freedom to still go out to eat with friends. I try to eat healthy on the other days too, though it’s hard for me to stay away from those damn golden arches! Ha ha!

Wish me luck and eat healthy people!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Do they deliver to the UK? ;)

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Diet! How I loathe the word! I recently resumed my walking home from work. It's a 45 minute trek but I'vr been lax for a few weeks. I regained 4 pounds that I had lost and I can sure feel it when I'm walking. I have a way to go to my goal weight, but I'm going to hang in there. Try to ignore the Big Mac paarade when they come-a calling! Don't forget the water! Good luck being in the ZONE!

Anonymous said...

Whats the matter, that you have gained 10 pounds since last November. You can put 100 pounds on and I will still love you. So long your personality will not change, everything will be okay for me when we are together and deep in love.


The Man of your Dreams


ps: I know that you will also love me when I would put some pounds on, because we will feel true love.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chudney
Hi from Tokyo. Has Mom been to Japan recently or was Osaka in '95 her last visit. I heard an instrumental version of "If we hold on Together" here. The Japanese LOVE that Diana Ross song. (Actually for me it's not one of my favorites. I prefer Dirty Looks or Take Me Higher).
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I like how you say 'I look foward to fitting back into my jeans,etc'. Rather than thinking negatively like "CRAP! I have to fit into these microscopic jeans by some miracle of god!"

I bet that 'think positive' spin makes a little difference in the end. Yeah that, and having diet food delivered to your doorstep... duh.

Anonymous said...

man of your dreams is beginning to frighten me.

Anonymous said...

Just to say I saw you on that TMZ show! They are so mean. You were in the Kim Kardashian party looking just great. The valet couldn't find her car. Anyway, you looked great!

Anonymous said...

OK, say this and had to comment. WireImage has you listed as "Writer and Producer" Chudney Ross. Too Cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chudney, going off topic a bit. I found this pic of you at Claudia Jordan's birthday. You are def. going to have to tell us how this night went! :)..........

http://www.crunktastical.net/2008/04/14/diamond-rough/chudney-ross/

(They were nice to you, but a bit mean to your friend Kim)

Gene S. said...

Hi Chudney,
I love the way you cut straight to the chase"Freebies", You're not the only only one. By the way, that reminds me something I've been meaning to ask you. WE ARE YOU GOING THROW SOME OF THOSE FREE T-SHIRTS, YOU'VE SO MANY OF. Hey, I like a freebie just as much as you, Kiddo! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds terrific!

J.