Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BIRTHDAY PARTIES

Growing up, my mom (and Hollywood Pop, the event planning company) would help my siblings and I plan the most FABULOUS themed BIRTHDAY PARTIES. For my 9th birthday, I had a Jane Fonda workout party (Jane Fonda was really hip back in the day) where everyone was given a unitard and leg warmers as they walked through the door. Clad in our matching workout gear, we stretched and “swung it out” in front of a big screen TV. Those who were lucky enough to get the invite for the slumber party received kimonos to wear as we struggled with chopsticks and gorged ourselves with Chinese food.

The year I turned 12, I had just moved from New York to Connecticut and didn’t have many friends. So I invited everyone in my class and in the neighborhood to my softball themed party. I split everyone into two teams (each wearing a green or blue jersey with CHUDNEY #1 written on the back). I put all the cool kids that I wanted to be my friends on MY team (of course) and the ones I didn’t like on the other (good ploy to make friends I thought… It didn’t work ☹)

My 21st birthday, I rented out a club called POLYESTERS and you were not allowed in unless you were dressed in 70’s attire (NO exceptions! My mom and Dad included!) I’ve done a Britney Spears party, Ballerina Princess party, Karaoke Rock Star party…. I LOVE BIRTHDAY PARTIES!

Even though I’m getting younger each year (ha ha!) it’s FABULOUS to plan big, extravagant birthdays to celebrate being me! Mark your calendars people – November 4th!!

Every year, my friend Claudia Jordan (suitcase #1 on Deal or No Deal) throws a big and FABULOUS BIRTHDAY PARTY. (Last year, she had an eighties themed roller skating party at World On Wheels which was super fun check out April 8, 2007 blog)! This year was no different! I received the Evite a couple weeks ago with over 400 RSVPs for the Dancing With The Stars themed party at Boulevard3 in Hollywood. I was stoked because as I said before I LOVE birthdays and themed / costumed ones definitely take the cake (Mmmm… I love cake too)!

The invitation called for men in dinner jackets and ladies to “throw on your most glam dress… something glittery with a flower in your hair.” I love to get dolled up, so I was stoked. I picked out a seriously glam, ruffly, pink floor length gown. BUT when I started asking people what they were going to wear no one seemed to be getting dressed up (BORING!) I didn’t want to be over dressed and out of place so I opted for a flowy, flirty brown and black dress (that I borrowed from Tracee) perfect for a spin around the dance floor!

I arrived to three paparazzi snapping shots outside the club. Obviously, no big stars had showed up yet because they turned their lenses at me. Ha! Ha! I know what they are looking for (a drunkin fall, a panty-less flash, anything scandalous). You’re not gonna get any of that from me if I can help it! I smiled, waved and made my way in the party.

My friend / promoter Kennedy was at the door. It was nice to see a friendly face since I showed up to the party alone. I walked the red carpet… again I question why they snap shots of me. I guess it gives the nasty, mean blog sites pics of me to make fun of (awesome)! I also like to look at the photos on wireimage.com and gettyimages.com the next day to see how I looked!

I sipped cocktails and chatted with acquaintances in the crowd until Claudia arrived. She twirled on the red carpet in a sexy golden sheath looking FABULOUS then was whisked away into the crowd.

My friend Kim K and Melody from the Pussy Cat Dolls arrived soon after. I joined their entourage and we made our way through the crowd to wish the birthday girl birthday wishes. We did a couple spins on the dance floor, said hi to a couple friends, then made our way back out to valet.

Of course, the paparazzi and TMZ cameras where eagerly awaiting the departing partygoers. They immediately surrounded Kim. I tried to keep myself out of frame (UGH! It’s too much)!

While standing and waiting for our cars (which took FOREVER) some annoying guy kept bugging Kim and being nasty. My protective instinct came out (It’s not the first time I’ve jumped in the middle of something to protect my friends. I’m the tough cookie! Check out my May 13, 2007 blog) I stepped between them, did a little ranting and sent him stepping. People can be so mean and weird (He was totally just trying to get the cameras to take his pic. UGH!)

We stood there for a good 30 min and still no car! It was as if they were holding Kim’s car on purpose to help out the paparazzi get a story (which they did)! Kim started to complain about the long wait and the fact that they brought the wrong car around. I saw on TMZ the next day that she is a spoiled whiner and whatever. They’ll spin the stories however they want to make it seem scandalous! I for one think its mean! Hopefully Kim’s got a thicker skin than I do and LUCKILY they left me out of the story.

I headed home dreaming of what wild theme I can do for my BIRTHDAY PARTY next year ☺

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday parties are precisely my middle name except my budget limits my imagination to those on a smaller grand scale. But Chudney you had some smashing parties over the years and you took the initiated to invite your classmates over to share in the fun. That's admirable and I'm sure your next Birthday will be even more fabulous than the last. I may not be there but I can't wait to hear all the fabulous details.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney,

It was really cool to read about some of your themed birthday parties over the years. I am sure that they are very special memories for you. Birthday parties are so much fun! I liked reading about your party when you moved to Connecticut. (It must have been amazing growing up there!) Wow, it was a great idea to meet new friends. I am sure that so many people have enjoyed and appreciated your parties over the years. It is always great to have good, old-fashioned fun! I am glad that you had a nice time at your friend’s party the other day. Thanks for another FABULOUS update! -Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney:
From one Scorpio to another Scorpio-->You rock girfriend! Looking forward to your next post. Any word on what Tracee is up to? What about the mysterious Ross sibling Ross? We don't hear much about him. Is his name Ross Ross? (joke). You all took Ross as your surname. His name would then be Ross Ross right??

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney, thanks for posting my last comments for me.

I really love reading about your exploits lol and your parties must be FABULOUS.

Why dont you have a "FABULOUS" themed party in November and have lots and lots of food as i know you like to eat lol.

Carol

Anonymous said...

You look great in that dress! (brown & black one)

It's got kind of an 'old hollywood' look to it (cause the skirt is big), and I actually think its a very flattering style for you.

Maybe cause you're so petite so you can handle the extra poofy-ness without ending up looking like a blimp. Very chic, good look for u.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE themed parties, and birthday themed parties are the best! I'm sure you're going to come up with something FABULOUS for your birthday in November. Any ideas? Maybe I can get some ideas from you for my birthday in October. Of course it'll be on a smaller scale, but still nice. LOL! Thanks for writing about your exploits.

btw, have you and your family ever thought about doing a reality series similar to your friend's Kim K? That would be FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Ross Reality Show?! Chudney has the family thought of a reality show? Diana could use ANAID productions or Ryan Seacrest could help. It would great exposure for all and Diana!

Anonymous said...

Ross Reality Show??? do not do it Chudney. It can be fun to watch but its a train wreck. Only cheap/has-been Z-list celebs do it. Your mom's a legend. I for one like the mystery and a little bit of info now and then. But a Reality Show will make everyone judge your family and gossip and trash etc BAD IDEA. dont listen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney--

Sounds like you have had some awesome birthday parties! I can just imagine how fun and beautiful the surroundings were in the house in Connecticut. It seems like an incredible place to live.

You look gorgeous in Tracy's Mocha dress! In the first pic with the birthday "hat" you remind me of Josephine Baker (who I love almost as much as I love your mother). There is an old photo where she is posed similar to you in that pic. She had such expressive eyes like yours.

Look forward to your next fabulous blog. Stay cool and Have a great weekend =)

Love,
Tarquin

Anonymous said...

You look ugly as hell in the first picture you have up in this post. You are in your 30s. It's time for you to grow up. You're too old to be acting like this---like a young kid constantly partying. Where are your husband, kids, and career? This is what most women your age have. You need to do more than pretend to be like Paris Hilton (a spoiled white woman) living off of your mother's money.

P.S. Kim Kardashian looks 100 times better than your ugly ass.

Anonymous said...

Just to say it and hope anonymous understands and goes away. You are beautiful!