Wednesday, January 30, 2008

JAMAICA


This past weekend, Tracee, Evan and I went with mom to JAMAICA. Mom was set to perform at The Jazz and Blues Festival there and we thought this was a sweet opportunity for some family time… ok, maybe it was really for the sun, beach and some serious maxing and relaxing (which I took full advantage of)!

We flew over night to Montego Bay. Overnight flights are the worst! The flight was 5 hours, which does NOT make for a full night sleep. I tried to get all the rest I could, but alas we still arrived Thursday morning exhausted and wanting nothing more than a LOOOOOOOONG nap.

I allowed myself a 2-hour siesta in my air conditioned bedroom, but then dragged my weary body out into the sun (not a bad place to continue my rest). I wavered between naps in the warm breeze and reading my book. “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert, (an amazing story of a woman’s journey to find herself through travel). I love to TRAVEL and I love this inspirational book!

The next couple days continued to be filled with the same relaxation though I added gluttony of delicious island foods (JAMAICA has the best jerk chicken and rice and beans). I played in the pool and ocean and hung out with the family (Not a bad way to spend a long weekend). I’m a lucky girl.

Saturday, I talked Evan and Tracee into swimming with the dolphins. They were both a little hesitant at first, but once in the water with the dolphins (Bruno and Miguel) you cant help but be in peace and in awe by their beauty and size. It’s truly a spectacular experience.

Though we spent the majority of our time shacked up in a rented house, we did venture out a couple times. One afternoon, we floated in the pool at the Four Season while sipping on frozen daiquiris. We also checked out the super touristy bar Margarita-ville and had a margarita in homage to Jimmy Buffet, but nothing beats straight up relaxation so most of our time was spent hanging with the family.

Mom performed last on Saturday night. There were sooooo many people packing the field in front of the stage. It was amazing. The crowd seemed to extend for miles. Mom belted out her hits as the crowd sang along and wowed with her many costume changes. Supposedly, there were some issues with the speakers and screens in the back, which made people upset, but all in all the show was a success (despite what you read on the internet). The weekend was FABULOUS and relaxing and I returned to the LA winter rain with some sweet tan lines.

JAMAICA is relaxing, beautiful and of course FABULOUS!

19 comments:

Rosser Ruth! lol said...

Hey Chudney,

I was lucky enough to experience the same amazing water adventure with dolphins too.This was in Florida with wild dolphins. There is no-way to let others understand the magic of it unless they've experienced it. It truly is overwhelming. So for those of you out there who haven't ticked this off your list yet...seriously think about it...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Anonymous said...

I envy the dolphin, who is with you on that photo. I wish I would be this dolphin.


The Man of your Dreams


ps: I love to travel too. I want to travel with you to the most beautiful places in the world.

Anonymous said...

The daring diva strikes again! You find fun and adventure every place you go. You should have your own show on the travel channel! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Chudney
This photo is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Our dearest Chudney...we love Ms. Ross and the big screen fiasco must be solved...your mother gets more beautiful as the days go by..I was in Jamaica for the jazz fest and was unable to be seated close to the stage..the true Ms. Ross experience is being able to see her every move...the crowd was so excited for her appearance...there is no superstar out there who can compare to Ms. Ross...her renewed concert schedule is thrilling new and old fans all over the world...Ms. Ross bring back the big screen and make us happy again.

Anonymous said...

Everyone who I spoke with that attended the Jamaica concert is sorely pissed off at your mother. These people paid hard-earned, very hard-earned, money and expected the show to be sung live and using technologically current equipment, aka screens and cameras. It wasn't cool.

Anonymous said...

Here Here! We need Miss Ross on screen--Chudney tell your Mom to use the video screens--just like she did in Central Park in '83. Ross is the Boss! One more hit and we can do Central Park again!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that you, Tracee and Evan came to my beautiful country Jamaica and by the sound of it you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. It's such a pity that I and many many others can't say the same for last Saturday night's performance by your mom (Diana Ross). Thankfully Billy Ocean came on immediately afterwards and armed with everything saved the show for us all by doing a fantastic performance. If not it would have been known as the Jazz and Boos Festival.

Anonymous said...

Chudney, I love your blog, your talent and your beauty. But
I'm extremely pissed off, by the comments on your mother (Diana Ross).


Notice to fans of Chudney's mother:
THIS BLOG is written by Chudney Ross and has nothing to do with the work of her mother. So please accept this. The best thing will be when you go back to Jamaica and smoke some grass there and shut up!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosser Ruth! lol said...

Seems a lot of people here are leaving a lot of comments relating to your mom and not you...not cool!

Anonymous said...

Chud I see mom is still the diva who gets what she wants no matter the cost. luv bungee.

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody, this discussion is about the fabulous times that Chudney has and has nothing to do with her Mom who i adore so any comments do so about Chudneys adventures and leave Miss Ross out of it. Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney, i love to read your blogs because they are so FABULOUS lol, I am dissapointed though at some of the comments on this subject because the postings should be about you and not your Mom who i do adore so please people, this blog is about the fabulous life of Chudney, so lets keep the quotes FABULOUS and not bring the FABULOUS Diana into question, Thank you.

Unknown said...

Chudnet,great to se and read about you and your family. Having been a fan since I was a young boy...I am so proud that such a star has been raising caring and beautiful kids.I will be atending the Hobby Center Vip reception the 12th and the lecture following.After many years and many chances to say a sincere Thanks to Your mom, I finally might get a chance. You looked great at the Kennedy honors btw.

Don said...

Sounds like you had a really nice time in Jamaica with those members of your lovely family. I'm sure the food enhanced the effort.

Good deal.

Unknown said...

Greetings Chudney!!!

Just wanted to say I am so happy you've continued to blog despite the flock of haters on the scene. I enjoy this blog b.c it is abolut you and I think you have such a beautiful perspective on life. Keep the positive vibes going girl, and do not be ashamed you went through a Britney/Backstreet/N'sync phase, we all did!

Anonymous said...

Chudney--Cher is going to be at the Coliseum in Vegas--Your Mom Diana should have gotten that contract. I saw Cher and you Mom last Novemeber in LA. Diana BY FAR is the better show, the classier lady, and the ultimate diva. What can we do to get Miss Ross back in Vegas?

Rosser Ruth! lol said...

Chudney,

The last few days I found myself pondering how you cope with negative remarks left here about your mum...reading the latest comments to you I found my answer :) There are more loving and positive comments than there are negative...and these ones go straight to the heart :) The others are quickly forgotten :) I'm glad to say...and glad to see for myself your (and your mum's) supporters are always here...and always will be.

Regards,

Ruth :) xxx

Anonymous said...

Your trip to Jamaica sounded great! I've never really had a desire to go there, mainly because I've never met a person from there yet who was too friendly. Considering the "we love you mon" reputations they have, they seem to always be pissed off about something and very judgemental.