Wednesday, October 31, 2007

SHOPPING IN LA


It may not be all in one location or as huge as Minnesota’s Mall of America, but Los Angeles is still FABULOUS for fulfilling all my shopping desires.

I love to SHOP and I love it even more when I’m getting a good bargain. Rarely will you see me sporting designer duds (unless they are hand-me-downs from Tracee, my mom and designer freebies). I’m proud of my Frugal Fanny shopping habits, because I do LOVE to shop but I don’t want to drop... referring to my bank account balance (or my credit cards).

Here are some of the hottest shops on my FABULOUS list.

The famed ROBERTSON in Beverly Hills is one of the best 2 blocks of shopping in all of LA. Yes, it’s expensive, but sometimes worth the price for a great fit and quality.

KITSON is the best on the strip. They have everything from jewelry to dresses to purses and perfume. I always choose my Christmas and Birthday presents there! LISA KLINE is also pretty fantastic though I usually try to wait for their annual sidewalk sale where prices are slashed. Just up the street, LF has awesome, unique stuff, but stay out if your looking for a bargain.

The only bargain on the street is AMERICAN APPAREL (which I adore and shop at religiously). My favorite designer right now is ALICE AND OLIVIA. They make the cutest party dresses and they have a whole store right there on ROBERTSON.

For Jewelry, I’m a fan of ROCK CANDY (mostly because they carry my best-est friend PEARL ADAY’s funky rock and Roll Jewelry line called SEAMSTRESS FOR THE BAND).

Always for a good bargain and stylish duds, I hit MELROSE where there are blocks and blocks of boutiques with inexpensive, hip and stylish clothes. This is where I get most of my dresses for events so that if someone asks me what I’m wearing I can say, “Oh, I got it at a cute little boutique” or “It’s totally vintage”. That’s a lot better than what I often have to say, “Oh this? Its couture FOREVER 21!” Cringe!

My favorite on Melrose is FRED SEGAL, but it’s not inexpensive! Great clothes, my favorite FREE CITY sweats, jewels, shoes and yummy food to boot (Get the steamed veggies with arrabiata sauce! YUM!) I got my whole BET outfit at FRED SEGAL (the dress, the necklace, the ring… the undies and shoes I already owned ;)

For shoes my go to spot is STEVE MADDEN on the Santa Monica Promenade or the Beverly Center. You can’t beat the great prices or the sexy and sleek designs. My closet is FULL of STEVE MADDEN and STEVEN shoes. I am also NOT ashamed to say I like SHOE PAVILION and DSW SHOES! You can’t beat the prices and they often have cool stuff!

I think you can find great stuff at FOREVER 21 that when mixed with nice jewels, shoes and a purse could be designer (I’ve fooled many! Don’t tell ;) The trick is stay away from the prints. Solids are safe and could be from anywhere. Those FOREVER 21 designers do a super good job!

I also LOVE the FOX HILLS MALL. Every store is super inexpensive and they have all sorts of cool shops for shoes and clothes (don’t miss the food court and the Dairy Queen! Yummers!)

I LOVE MALIBU and though the shopping can break the bank, some of my favorite spots are out there. I LOVE FREE CITY! Those sweat pants are ridiculous! My whole family lives in them. We should be the spokespeople for the brand! I also adore PLANET BLUE! So expensive, but they have the best dresses and jeans!

So now you know the most FABULOUS shopping spots in LA. Now get out there and go shopping!!

My birthday is coming up BTW… LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you make me wish I was in LA to do some shopping.....

Sounds like fun.... *sigh*

I'm gonna do some online shopping now and daydream of everything I WISH I could afford! :) :)