Wednesday, October 24, 2007

LA FASHION WEEK

Another day another fashion week…

If you’ve read my blog before you probably have heard me rant and rave about Fashion Weeks from East to West. This past week was Mercedes Benz LA Fashion Week and as always it was FABULOUS!

LA Fashion Week is all up and coming, young, hip designers (It may not be Paris or Milan couture, but it’s still FABULOUS). LA is all about the lifestyle, the parties, the fun clothes and the celebrity. I would say it’s more focused on the fun with a splash of fashion on the side.

I started off my fashion week with a bang at the CHICK by NICKY HILTON show. I sat front row (the most coveted of all fashion show seats) with my friend Ryan whose girlfriend Nazri was walking in the show. We watched the waif-ish models stalk the runway in cutesy, mini dresses.

On my way out I heard a couple fashionistas calling the show “very junior’s division” and “not up to fashion week standards” but I thought the dresses were cute and very wearable (I certainly wouldn’t complain if a couple were hanging in my closet). I say down with the haters! I salute you Nicky Hilton.

The next night, I hit the GQ Lounge at Roosevelt Hotel. I don’t know if it was due to the pouring rain, but the party sucked big time (LA people do NOT even know how to deal with a little sprinkle of rain. AGH… I’m melting!) so I called it a night to rest up for the fashionable week ahead.

Tuesday, I started off early with dinner at KOI with my high school friends visiting from out of town. (Shout out to my East Coast friends partying like LA Socialites for one wild night– Casey and Schuyler). We kicked Fashion Week up a notch as we headed to the HEAVENLY SINFUL JEWELRY party at the Luxe Hotel in Beverly Hills where Avo from Guady PR hooked me up with a hotel suite for the night.

The party was hopping (ultra crowded) and the free drinks flowing. From there we headed to ONE SUNSET (A Tuesday night hot spot on Sunset Blvd) for an ultra exclusive Jin & Quinn event (Alex Quinn, son of legendary actor Anthony Quinn throws great parties and is also a good friend).

Wednesday, I woke up in my suite in Beverly Hills and figured I may as well continue the fabulosity. After rushing home to feed Peanut, I ate lunch at the POLO LOUNGE with friends. That night I strutted my stuff in leather and denim (and the hair dresser gave me some seriously bad, crimped hair) at the HARLEY DAVIDSON fashion show and COMPLEX MAGAZINE event at BOULEVARD3. The show was fun, but the party lacking so I headed home early to rest my aching feet. I did meet the boys (Pickle and Daniel) from America’s Most Smartest Model on E! (God, I LOVE reality TV!)

Thursday evening, my friend Zoe and I went to SAMORA’s fashion show. Last season, I walked in the show and I have become a big fan of the classy and sophisticated dresses. This season her line was eco-friendly with a Grecian feel. No celebs where there so I did my best to entertain the press by smiling for the photogs and chatting about fashion with the cameras (so silly because I know they will never use the pictures or air the clips. I ain’t not super celeb… YET!)

Since a fashion show last only about 20 minutes and we had gotten all dolled up, we decided to mingle in the VIP room and have a couple cocktails, snacks and lip glosses (I love free stuff!) All our mingling and making new friends got us front row seats at the next show, PETRA ZILLIA!

PETRA ZILLIA is a young, hip LA designer known to dress the LA socialite (and sure enough guess who sat 2 seats away from me… PARIS HILTON). The models strutted their stuff with big smiles on their faces (a pleasant change to the somber stalking usually seen on the runway) in vibrant colored dresses and rompers. I’m a hug fan of a mini-romper – it shows your legs, but will never reveal your panties (or lack there of if you are Paris or Britney. I, on the other hand am not a big fan of showing my goodies to the world ;) HA!

To close out my week of fashion, I walked in a small show in Beverly Hills for LI CARI. My friend Tasha has modeled for them before and I’m very impressed by Jazmin, the 19-year-old designer of Li Cari. She has made a whole line of sexy and wearable dresses (she also offered to give me some to wear to events and as we know… I LOVE FREE STUFF). The show went well (I wore three dresses), but hanging out with 16 year old models hungry for any camera time is not my idea of a good time, (God, I’m getting old) so I snuck away in a sexy lace top and black high-waisted mini (one of Li Cari’s designs) to ROCK AND REPUBLIC party at CHATEAU MARMOT.

The party in the penthouse suite was packed when we arrive and they weren’t letting anyone in (except Ryan Seacrest and Zach Braff, but whatever) so Tasha and I had a drink in the lobby. We were finally let in the party a half hour later, but most of the crowd had dispersed and the leftovers where less than FABULOUS. We headed home to hit the hay and bid farewell to a FABULOUS Fashion Week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what do you do for a living, are you still a teacher?It seems like you have fun and your not all stuck up like the rest of those hollywood people.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and i love reading about fashion week and all the places that you have traveled to especially the parties. You have inspired me to start my own blog. I would love for you to check it out. http://fabgirl-life.blogspot.com I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to post a comment so if this appears like a million time its because i dont know how to use this comment thing

Anonymous said...

say hi to your mom for me, Love Mary Wilson

Anonymous said...

Mary Wilson???
Hmm...

Anonymous said...

I saw a few pictures of you at the Angel Ball and you looked stunning!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun filled happy birthday!