Wednesday, November 7, 2007

NEW YORK CITY


I love NEW YORK CITY and all the excitement that goes along with it. The hustle and the bustle of the city is unbelievably FABULOUS!

This past week I went to NEW YORK CITY for a whirlwind week of socialite parties, Halloween haunts, exciting literary meetings (yes, on occasion a girls gotta work) and even a little pre-birthday festivities!

I took a ridiculously early flight in order to get to NYC in time to prepare for THE ANGEL BALL, a G&P Cancer Charity Event thrown by the ultimate NY Socialite, Denise Riche. Her daughter passed away from Leukemia, and ever since Denise has been raising huge amounts of money for research by throwing amazingly FABULOUS events of course all of NY’s richest and schnazztastic people in attendance. Every year, I am asked to be on the junior committee for the BALL and though the cause is very close to my heart (my grandmother died of breast cancer) I know I can’t be much help to the committee from LA. This was the first year I was able to attend.

I slept from take off to landing and arrived at 3pm rested and ready for all the FABULOUSNESS that is NYC. A car picked me up and swept me to B. MICHAEL’S showroom (a high end NY designer). I walked in B. MICHAEL’S fashion show during NY Fashion Week a couple seasons ago and ever since he has helped make me FABULOUS and FASHIONABLE for NY events. I tried on one dress and it was perfect (classy and gorgeous)!

Next stop, JUDITH RIPKA (a swanky FABULOUS jewelry store). I hosted a charity event for them once and when I have an event they lend me diamonds so I can sparkle! I borrowed a ridiculously expensive and beautiful, shimmering pair of earrings and a bracelet! (Golly, I’ve made some good connections for freebies!)

I had just enough to shower, throw on some make up, do my hair and jump into my designer duds before my friend Mary and her husband Ryan arrived. Off we went to the ball where we rubbed elbows (dined and danced) with NEW YORK’S social elite. Joss Stone rocked the house and danced on the chairs. John Legend crooned at the piano and Chaka Khan belted her ballads. It was an amazingly fun and FABULOUS night and in my pink dress (surrounded by a sea of dark, winter hues) a truly stood out and felt like the bell of the ball!

Tuesday, I had a meeting at Harper Collins regarding my series of children’s books. Since I live in LA and the majority of the literary market is in NY, I always like to stop in and chat with my literary agent and publishers while in the city. Lets get those books on the shelves!!

Wednesday was HALLOWEEN. It’s one of those holidays where you spend so much time preparing and then it rarely lives up to the excitement you had hoped for (I feel this way about New Years too). I have never celebrated HALLOWEEN in NY so I was excited for something new. I wore my same costume for last year (a sexy angel) and didn’t put to many expectations on the night. I was blown away! HALLOWEEN in NEW YORK is FABULOUS.

We started the night off by going to a fancy party that my friend Mary was catering (Her company, MARY GIULIANI CATERING AND EVENTS caters to the high-class, socialite types). The party filled with seriously expensive and diamond studded costumes. It was like being at a high-end masquerade party with free drinks, delicious food and dancing.

Next, we headed to Cipriani’s for ROBERTO CAVALLI’s Halloween Party. Eve rocked the stage dressed as a referee. Celebrities and NY Socialites squeezed into the VIP section where fancy drinks were poured from ice sculpture bars. The party would have been a bit more FABULOUS had there been about 300 less people. I could barely turn around or move with those damn wings on my back, so we headed downtown to a club called ROOM SERVICE.

We met up with more friends and danced till the early morning while Rev Run (Once Run DMC) yelled along with tunes from the DJ booth (I mean…a rapped). As the sun threatened to come up, this little angel headed to bed pleased with the events of Halloween 2007.

My birthday is Nov. 4th and I decided to celebrate Bi-Coastally (One celebration in NY and one in LA). Friday, I rocked out with my East coast friends for the first leg of my birthday and then I flew back to LA in time to celebrate my real birthday on Sunday! Read all about my birthday festivities in next week’s blog!!

I had an amazingly fun and productive week in NEW YORK! I always have a blast and love to visit, but all excitement that is NEW YORK is too much for little old me ☺ I could never live there! I’m always super psyched to come home!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

one of my favorite memories growing up (and having you as my cousin) was the halloween party you planned for my friends and I in 1st grade back in greenwich!!! i'll never forget that. hope you had a great birthday.

you looked mahhhhvelous!!!
court

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday from Italy, have a lot of fun and a FABULOUS week-end! ;-)

TCKGIRL said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Chudney!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi chudney
1 week to your Mom's concert in LA--we can't wait! Does she open with "I'm Coming Out"??

Gay fan

Anonymous said...

ill give you a tip on presenting heres the tip dont bother presenting you cant!!! love you number one fan

Anonymous said...

I love the picture (below) with your open sweet mouth. And I would love it much more, when I can put my tongue in it!


The Man of your Dreams


ps: I Love You

dalia said...

i hit manhattan for the first time in my life last week, and i am definitely going to go back. soon, i hope!