Sunday, May 6, 2007

Nassau, Bahamas














My mom had 5 days off in between the American and European legs (that sounds a little bit dirty ;) of her I LOVE YOU tour. Instead of coming home to rest, she decided to rent a house in Nassau, Bahamas for a little family vacation. Mom, Rhonda, Tracee, Evan and I (Sadly, Ross couldn’t come because he had exams at college ☹) all met up in Nassau for a little rest, sun and relaxation.

I was happy to get away for a minute. Not that my life is so stressful or my work so exhausting, but I think it's important to sometimes get away and take a breather. Stop stressing about career, love life and all of life that is not going as planned and get back on track.I love the clubs and the parties and my friends, but I was happy to have a couple days away with myself, my thoughts, my family (Not to mention that its pretty fabulous to jet off to the Bahamas for a couple days).

After a long, arduous overnight flight from LA (Yes we were in first class, but 3 hours of sleep in sticky leather chairs does NOT make a good night’s rest) with Tracee and Evan, we arrived at Ft. Lauderdale airport groggy with eyes barely open. We bunkered in (I slept on the floor… no first class lounge here ☹) for a four-hour lay over and to meet up with Mom (coming from concert dates in Florida) and Rhonda (coming from visiting with her husband’s mother in Miami). After a bumpy flight on a small plane, we finally arrived in the warm, humid, sunny afternoon in Nassau (Ahh…). Gathering our bags and finding our car, we tried our best to slip into the slow Bahamian pace (Boy, does everything move SLOW in the Bahamas!)

We arrived at the gorgeous, beachside house and quickly I hopped into my new leopard print bikini (which I bought recently in Vegas). After a bite to eat, I quickly passed out for a nap in the sun, followed by a nap in the house. The first day was a wash, but each day following I worked on my tan while reading trashy magazines in the sun. I walked on the beach and swam in the ocean and pool (I love the water!) Evan and I kayaked. We ate fresh food and got eaten by mosquitoes. We laughed and enjoyed each other (a couple arguments, but mostly laughs and smiles. I love being with my family ;)

We used to come here often when we were young and I have so many great memories. Being in the Bahamas reminds me of the possibilities of life and love. Reminds me to not sweat the small stuff and cherish everyday. It reminds me that I am blessed beyond belief to live in a world wear the ocean is blue, the sand soft like powder and the sunset amazing.

I left the Bahamas refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to take life by the horns. Onward!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun, that's a nice picture.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time. You paint a vivid picture -- I almost got some R&R just reading that! haha.
Yes you are blessed, and the best way to be grateful for it all (besides realize it) is to enjoy every last moment, and every little detail... (so you can come back here and share it with us!! hah!). Seriously tho.

I love tropical places, i'm gonna be thinking about escaping to a little white sand beach island all day now! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Saw your mother in Dallas and at the fundraiser in Beaumont (I know she was as happy to get out of that "Tumble Weed Town" as I). Did your mother rest alot before Europe, or hang with you and family? She was excellent...I would have slept and told you children to call me for breakfast and dinner ONLY. Word! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds, you had a great time with your family...
Saw your Mom in Florida and Europe.
I'm happy she had a few days off between the US and Europe Tour. She was unbelievable!!!
Looking forward seeing her again.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are blessed with a chance that not a lot of people have,to discover parts of the world and enjoy the environment. Do You.