Sunday, April 22, 2007

Los Angeles, CA













“Instructions on how to be an Heiress”

An excerpt from Paris Hilton’s book Confessions of an Heiress (Yes, y’all, I read it cover to cover!) followed by comments on how I stack up.

1. Be born into the right family. (I was not only born into the right family, I was born into the best one! Sadly, this is not something most people have a choice about. No family is perfect, but appreciate what you’ve been given and love).

2. Have a great name. (People may struggle with how to pronounce CHUDNEY and I may have been mocked a bit growing up, but I have learned to appreciate the uniqueness of my name. I have a great name!).

3. Have absolutely flawless skin, but don’t fret over it. (I may not wash my face before bed every night, but thanks to some good genes and Terri Lawton Skin Care, where I get facials, I’m lucky to have pretty good skin).

4. Eat only fast food or the most fabulous food. (I love McDonalds, Taco Bell and In & Out, but if I ate them all the time I would be a HUGE and my cholesterol would be off the charts! I love Mr. Chows, The Ivy and Koi, but if I ate THEM all the time, I would be broke. I think a good mix of what you love is where it is at ;)

5. Develop a way to walk into a room that looks royal and regal, but not snobby. (I try to walk into a room with my head held high and confidence in my step… royal and regal might be a bit much for me).

6. Never ever wake up before ten; never go to bed before three. (I wish I could stay up late every night and sleep in every morning, but this is never gonna happen for me. I am an early riser and can’t seem to sleep past 9:00am thanks to Peanut).

7. Always tell everyone what they want to hear. (I do tend to be a bit of a people pleaser, but I have a long way to go before I just tell people what they want to hear).

8. Never only have one cell phone when you can have many. (I tried the whole multiple cell phone thing and it was all cool till I got all the damn phone bills. Now I’ve got just one and I love it. It gets great reception, I can text with ease and check my emails. Who needs many when one does it all?)

9. Never wear the same thing twice. (I wish! If only designers wanted to always dress me or I had an indispensable income, but I DON’T! So you will see me in the same thing twice, three times, maybe more ;)

10. Don’t wear a dress that’s in all the magazines. (I try to rock my own style, but I am definitely influenced by what I see on stars and in magazines).

11. If you’re happy wear pink. If you depressed wear black. (Oops! I always wear black and I am NOT depressed! I guess I should try to work some pink into my wardrobe!)

12. Make plans, plans and more plans. (I’m totally a planner! I love to plan dinners, parties, potlucks, happy hours, any reason to get together with friends or family is a good one!)

13. Act ditzy. Lose things. (Ditzy is hard for me! I tend to be way too intellectual and organized. I’ll work on this one :)

14. If all else fails act bored. (I’m usually too excited to act bored, but I will make an effort if that’s the ticket to being an heiress).

15. Public displays of affection are ok. (Ask anyone… I’m a fan of PDA! I love kissing boys and a little making out on the dance floor or a dark corner of a club never hurt anyone. Just don’t be slutty! Keep it PG-13… in public ;)

16. Always have a very big bodyguard. (I hate someone following me around all the time. When we were young, we had security follow us everywhere. It’s hard to have your first kiss or use a fake ID to get into a dance club when some big man is following you around. If you REALLY need security, I say get yourself a big bodyguard, but if you don’t… NO WAY!)

17. Always have a tan. (Luckily, I was blessed with a tan at birth. I am mixed, half black and half white. I also love a little sun. I think it makes me look a little less green. A tan makes you look healthy, slim and sexy, but be careful with basking in the rays. Cancer is a huge risk and not worth it! Wear sunscreen!)

18. Change your hairstyle all the time. (I wish I were brave enough to rock new styles all the time. I love playing with extensions and once I cut bangs but I would never mess with the color. I’m scared to damage it more than it already is.)

19. Never drink diet soda. (I hate diet soda! If your gonna drink soda, I say drink regular. They are both bad though!)

20. Fear nothing-except insects. (I don’t like insects but I’m not scared of them… except scorpions or hairy spiders that could kill you. I think being fearless is a good way to embrace life and live it to the fullest!)

21. Never be predictable. (Yes, I agree! I think being unpredictable keeps people guessing. I would like to think I’m a bit of a chameleon. I’ll add… don’t be a follower. Pave your own road).

22. If the media plays with you, well, play them. (I think this is hard because I’m a very sensitive person. The media hasn’t taken much notice of me yet, but there are bloggers who are unnecessarily vengeful and mean. Even though I know they don’t know me and what they say is not true its hard to not take it to heart. I try to ignore it and not read it, but it still hurts. I know I have to work on having a thicker skin, but I don’t have it yet ;)

23. Last but not least: Make fun of yourself. Never take yourself to seriously, or rules to seriously (see all the above rules ;) (I love acting silly, being loud, and acting wild. I love being myself and having fun. I never care if people think I’m immature or noisy or silly. Its fun and it’s me! I’m focused and work hard, but that’s not ALL life is about. Why live a life without joy when there is so much love and laughter all around :)

I’ve learned a lot from Paris’ “Instructions on how to be an Heiress”.
Out of the 23 rules, I’ve only mastered a whopping 9. Not too impressive for a socialite on the rise ☹ I will keep these instructions in mind as I continue to venture out into my Socialite Life!

How do you stack up?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot

Anonymous said...

Heyheyhey! Get your own blog, no need to be cruel! Stupid hater!

Do not mind him/her, keep up the good work ;)

Anonymous said...

My comments:

1) Be born into the right family?? Who is this one talking to -- God??
5) Walk into a room regal but not snobby – is that like saying ‘be striking but smile?’?
6) Never wake up before ten? I wish!!! I guess this one implies basically having no job.
7) Tell people what they want to hear? So what do you do when something requires brutal honesty?? Nothing ever does?
8) One cell phone is more than enough. What would you do with more? Like to match different outfits or something? Perhaps the point of this was to help accomplish #13 – LOSING THINGS!
9) When wearing the same thing twice is unavoidable, perhaps wear some different accessories or just change it up a bit, so it SEEMS like a different outfit. I’d be surprised if even paris wore everything only once. What if you really like something?
10) Wear pink for happy, black for depressed – umm what about all the other colors of the rainbow? I don’t like pink… its so……. Pink. I’m gonna vary this a bit to say anything bright means happy or excited and anything dark means serious or sad. Basically in a nutshell, your clothes should be an expression of your feelings – that makes sense.
14) Act bored – is this supposed to help get invited to things? Maybe other people-pleasers will realize you’re not pleased and try harder to please you?... ??
16) No bodyguard in sight, but perhaps my big intimidating boyfriend would be sufficient, a la Nicole Richie / Joel Madden? Chudney – maybe the bodyguard would be a different experience for you now that you’re older? No sneaking in necessary anymore, right? I think a big bodyguard is usually a dead giveaway that a celebrity is nearby. That could be a good thing for you!
19) Never drink diet soda – I think she means in public. Come on, I see those chics drinking tab all the time, that’s basically the same thing -- Low cal energy drink.
20) Fear nothing except insects – I do have to agree whole-heartedly with this one. A scared celebrity just doesn’t look jaded enough.  hehe.
21) Never be preditable… I totally agree… but doesn’t that kinda go against the whole idea of having ‘rules’ to follow? I mean all you have to do is read paris’ book. Then you know what shes thinking ‘Okay, I’ll walk in something fierce, but not snobby, tell everyone what they wanna hear, act bored, lose my cell phone, wear a new outfit, make out in public, and leave earlier than they predict --- yes, that’s soooo original!’. 
22) Play the media back – I don’t think she’s saying don’t be hurt, I think she’s saying use everything to your advantage. If you’re getting bad press, APPEAR like you’re not bothered by it, and be glad you’re being noticed. (Not what I would recommend, but I THINK that’s what she means by it.)
23) I do like that she said not too take these rules too seriously. I’m sure even she doesn’t follow them all the time. As it was said in pirates of the carribean “they’re more like guidelines really”.

Not a bad set of rules, but theres two things that bug me – just following these rules go against the idea of being predictable, and in my opinion (more importantly) being ORIGINAL. She doesn’t say anything about being original, she just says not to wear the same thing twice… I think originality is more important than not wearing the same thing twice. The other thing that bothered me is it seems so fake. What happened to being real? Is that not a factor? It should be. If a person merely acted this way, the might make it to the gossip pages but would they have the substance to maintain that kinda attention, I don’t think so. What paris fails to realize is that these rules ARE original for her, they DO represent her being real cause that’s who she naturally is. But for another socialite a whole other set of rules might be better in displaying / bringing out the socialite they truly are inside.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't follow the rules of a bonafide racist if I were you. Paris is rude, nasty and just plain overpriviledged. You are MUCH better than her, please don't emulate her - EVER!

Anonymous said...

YES! What she/he said ^^^^^

CHUDNEY ROSS said...

This is all in fun people!

A little tongue and cheek / self mocking never hurt anyone.

Of course I dont live by these rules... Just having a little fun!

Anonymous said...

i think the main reason for the comments on you comparing yourself to an "heiress" is that you mother has worked her ass off for 40+ years and made some good investments so that all her children would have more than "heiress" or "socialite" to fall back on,you owe your mother a great deal of admiration for striving to give you a better life and truly being an american success story.....

Anonymous said...

Chudney..."I have to work on that one" as far as being DITZY? Chudney, I remember you when you were a kid. My moms loves Diana Ross. Why would you have to be like PARIS HILTON who is a herpe infected dram-queen who makes her family look like crap, but good for business?

Be yourself. I am sure you have an interesting existence as it is. Plus, you have a definite one up on Herpes Hilton...You are half Black!

Anonymous said...

Hey I like the blog
I think everyone has a dream of waking up everyday and just living the good life.
But with hard work
I have the same dream but my goals of becoming a celebrity stylist will take me to that good life.

Keep up the good work chudney
and keep modeling your pics are beautiful

Stay Blessed

Anonymous said...

Chudney, you are funny ;)

good luck to you

p.s I´m absolutely not a Paris fan but after reading this I can tell that I´m partly an heiress, good to know, hehe.

The Corsair said...

Paris is a little too passing familiar with the N-word for me to entertain any kind of role-model status.

Anonymous said...

IF YOU WANT TO EMULATE AN HEIRESS TRY ATHENA ONASIS.VERY CLASSY.UNLIKE MISS HILTON.

Anonymous said...

Umm...In case you didn't notice, Chudney...you're not white. I'd guess half-white, but...

Anonymous said...

spread love