Sunday, April 15, 2007

Los Angeles, CA


Pearl Aday is my oldest friend (and I don’t mean that she is 95 years old). We met when we were 5 years old. My dad was her father’s manager (her dad is Rock star Meat Loaf). One Saturday while spending a weekend with my dad, we went to meet her at her house. Pearl and her sister Amanda were skinny-dipping in the pool. We got along right from the start (not because she was naked ;) because we were the same age, liked to act silly, watch Pee Wee’s Playhouse, play dress up and make bands (Shout out the Bottle Caps, my first and only real ROCK band)!!

Having both not grown up in Hollywood with other celebrity kids, Pearl and I bonded over our similar situations. We really got each other. When our parents went away on tour, we would spend every weekend together. Pearl traveled with us on every family vacation. She lived with me in Paris and she was even a bridesmaid in my mom’s wedding to my stepfather. Even though we don’t spend that much time together, Pearl is my best-est friend… my sister.

Pearl now focuses on her music career and I am her biggest fan!! She is a budding rock star with an amazing stage presence (she often opens for Metal Skool at the Key Club, plays at the Foundation Room at the House of Blues and is about to hit the studio to record her debut album). Check her out at www.mother-pearl.com. She also designs rock inspired jewelry. This girl’s got Rock and Roll in her soul. (She made me a gorgeous necklace with a skull and beautiful purple stone at the end and a great pair of gold skull earrings). Check out all her jewels at the store Rock Candy on Robertson or on her website www.seamstressfortheband.com.

This week was Pearl’s birthday dinner at MOZZA, a delicious Italian eatery on Highland. At a big table in a private room surrounded by Pearl’s closest friends (among them her fiancé Scott Ian from the band Anthrax and me of course ;) We gorged ourselves (not joking… I ate so much, I nearly popped out of my too tight dress) on Italian appetizers (olives, carpaccio, brussel sprouts, bread and olive oil) followed by yummy salads and baked cauliflower parmigan and then pizzas of all sorts (My favorite – The Italian Sausage ;) Each course was complimented by a selection of wine (sparkling to start, white with the salad and red to finish it off).

I rolled out before dessert (I seriously couldn’t fit one more bite in my mouth) to meet Evan at the T-Mobile Sidekick III party. I was totally late, but made it in without a struggle, ran across the red carpet and met Evan waiting with Kim K and her sister Kloe.

Inside was like a candy store! (No matter how full I am, there is always room for sour patch kids, reese’s peanut butter cups and pixi sticks)We filled bags of candies, then headed into the main room where there were video games, ski ball, fake tattoo stations, carnival food, free flowing alcohol and all of young Hollywood (Mary Kate and Ashley, Nicole, Ashley, Brody, you know who I’m talking about…) Fall Out Boy rocked the main stage as we danced around in the fake smoke.

As much as this is the scene I wanted so much to be apart of, I wasn’t having too much fun. Maybe I was too stuffed or too exhausted to make an effort, but I didn’t really feel a part of it at all and was sorry I had left Pearl’s birthday dinner. So instead of sticking around, I hopped in my car and headed back home ;)

Good Night Hollywood!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should write a roman-a-clef about your life the way nicole richie did. it would probably be interesting. good luck with the childrens book thing. whatever you do, just dont ever flash your vag in public and dont do a sex tape, its really not worth it. anyway your moms always been a classy lady so it wouldnt be cool to drag her down.

& update your blog! its almost been a month! :D

-08

Anonymous said...

I checked out her website. Her jewelry is really cool and I will watch out for her music!

Kelly said...

Chudney would you consider doing a reality show if you received the right offer or premis for a show? If you did, I think it would be interesting, clever, and fun. I think it should be shown from your writer's point of view, ending each episode with you--lets say, at you computer penning the days events---with your voice over sharing your commentary. I think Social Butterfly is a perfect title. What you think about that? Everytime I read your blogs, what you write about-- I can picture it being shown on T.V. I have a ton of ideas. I'm a big time reality geek (I watch the Real World, I Love New York, Survivor, Big Brother..and the list goes on.) But I see your show as being intelligent and retrospective (is that the right word?) Oh no, it's INTROspective. Yeah, that's it--introspective (I just grabbed my dictionary). Even though I'm a big reality T.V. fan, I don't think that EVERY show should be a reality show. Like say for instance...uh...for instance..well no particular show quite comes to mind at the moment. OOooo, I gotta go, The Deadliest Catch is coming on the Discovery Channel.(You know, the reality show about the crab boat fisherman in the Alaskan sea. Now I'm to the point where I'm watching a bunch of guys catch crabs? Oh my.)

Anonymous said...

It seems to me you have forgotten where your mother came from and the struggles she endured to give you this fantasy life. You need to come down to earth and do something meaning full with your life. Your mom openned many doors for those that followed her. What can you do with your life that actually has meaning????