Sunday, May 13, 2007

los Angeles, CA

I woke this morning feeling good and called my mom (Happy Mother’s day mom!) who is still on tour (She is in Monte Carlo now). I wished her a very happy mother’s day, sent her lots of love and jumped out of bed to start my Sunday!

I LOVE SUNDAYS!!

The sun had not yet broken thru the morning mist and so I bundled up in my sweatpants and Ugg boots and had a mellow, low-key morning. I walked peanut, had a little breakfast (Just a hard boiled egg, vitamins and OJ for me) and hung out around the house.

When the sun finally broke through the clouds, I did a quick costume change (bikini, mini skirt and heels… the proper attire for a Hollywood pool party) and hopped in my car. I swooped up Samantha and we headed out to meet Kim C. for brunch. We decided on the Belmont (on La Cienega), which is known for its make your own Bloody Mary bar (I don’t like Bloody Marys, but it did sound like fun). I ate a breakfast burrito with extra salsa (YUM!). The girls made Bloody Marys (I think it taste like spicy, cold tomato soup in a glass. YUCK!). Kim loved hers with grey goose, V8 juice, lemon and no spice. Sam hated hers with grey goose, V8, worschischire sauce, garlic, oregano, and who knows what else. She traded her nasty concoction in for a mimosa. When we were all good and full, we headed to the Roosevelt Hotel (The HOT Sunday pool party hosted my Kevin Todd… a nice promoter who lets us into his parties :)

I absolutely love to hang by the pool bikini clad and surrounded my beautiful people (doesn’t hurt to have a mimosa in hand too)! The DJ spun cool tunes, as we chatted with hot guys, poolside regulars and friends. Gorgeous gals in bikinis and stilettos strutted around the pool (Only in LA do you wear heels with your bikini to the pool… but it does make your legs look much longer and leaner ;) The time passes too quickly at the pool and soon enough it was time to head to the Kardashian’s for a Mother’s Day barbeque (By accident, I forgot my credit card at the bar. Guess I would have to return later to retrieve it).

Since our mom was away, the Kardashian’s took Evan and I in for the day (Love the Kardashian’s! They are such a close-knit family like my own. I think that’s why we get along so well… plus they are all so nice and fun). I arrived just as the appetizers and mimosas where being served (perfect timing!!) I presented the mom of the hour with fresh farmer’s market flowers (Never show up at a party empty handed) then headed straight to the 7-layer Mexican dip and tortilla chips. After some chatting with Brittney Gastineau and her mom, I donned a tutu (I love embracing my inner ballerina) with Kim’s little sisters and danced around the house (I’m a bit of a kid at heart and I LOVE playing with her sisters). We sat and chowed on yummy salads, veggie pasta, chicken, steak, delicious garlic bread, (I can feel my waist line expanding just writing about it).

Before all the cakes and cobbler’s were served, I made a quick getaway (I don’t know how to say no to good food and I could feel my stomach about to explode ;) I headed back down the 101 to Hollywood to meet up with the girls who had moved the party from the Roosevelt pool to Cabo Cantina on Sunset (It may not be the classiest joint, but we love Cabo’s two for one happy hour!) I arrived to the crowded bar and the girls were already wasted and talking to some very terrible guys.

After waiting 30 minutes in line for the bathroom, getting bumped into and spilled on one to many times, it was time to head out. We said our goodbyes and headed outside to wait for our car’s at valet. Out the door followed the two terrible, drunken men who Kim and Sam had been hanging with and who had obviously thought that buying a girl drinks means you are going to get lucky. They started yelling, cussing and calling Kim and Sam very not nice names (This is not a classy way at all to end a super fun Sunday and definitely unfit for a SOCIALITE). I got in the car, as did the girls who gave the crazy men some cash to try to appease them (which it didn’t). They continued to shout and get up into our friend Carl’s face which led to pushing and spitting (Gross!) and banging on the hood of my car (Don’t touch my car!)

A bit of wild, anger over took me and I got out of my car yelling at the crazed mad men who proceeded to spit in my direction (NO WAY! Now this is trouble) I yelled to Carl to get in the car and shoved the guy out of the way and got back in but he grabbed my hand and squeezed it SO hard (I thought he had broken my fingers, but luckily they are fine) Security FINALLY came out and got the guys out of the way of the car so we could escape.

My heart was still racing. I was still irate and confused about how I got in the middle of it at all. I dropped off Carl and the gals and returned to the Roosevelt to get my stupid credit card from the pool bar. Luckily, I bumped into my friend Austin who was an angel and iced my hand as I cried on his shoulder.

How can such a nice SUNDAY end so badly?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because people get stupid when they drink. Next time you want to get rid of a guy, just start picking your nose very intense. Always helps! No matter how hot you look. ;)
Sometimes bad things just happen to good people...
Just do your thing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you should've just went home right after you left the Kardashians.

Anonymous said...

Some guys do think if they buy you a drink, that you are obligated to at least give your phone number. I don't want anybody to buy me a drink, if I can't afford to buy a drink then i don't need to be out.
Thats how women get raped and disrespected.

Anonymous said...

If my boyfriend was there he would have punked those losers out and had them crying like little babies.

That's why I hate going to a club or bar without my boyfriend or another equally brave man to defend me if need be.

Not that we're 'defenseless little women who need defending', but I just find that idiots like that don't even attempt to mess with me when I'm with him. Its a preventative-measure, kinda like how a (large) dog usually scares people off before they try anything. You need to find you a fun gentleman friend to bring along when you go out.

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend pretty women being harrassed by jerks every now and again....keeps you humble...reminds you that you are not void of foul behavior...

Anonymous said...

Does Austin happen to be the son of Rebbie jackson?

Kelly said...

You know what? I think when some people drink it brings out the worst in them. But then again, some people could be natural jerks and the alcohol just "enhances" their "flavor". That sounds like a really crappy Sunday. And that was on Mother's day? Wow. So you didn't even know who those guys were...your friends were the ones who met them at the bar? Security sure did take their sweet time getting to chaos. Sorry that happened to you guys. I was in a situation where straight up fist fights broke out because somebody drank one to many 40's, (of malt liqour). We're talkin' down right West Side Story--Jets vs. the Sharks kind of scrappin'. Luckily I came away unscathed. I know one thing, it sounds like to me, when you got fed up with the b/s you were ready to open up a couple cans of whup azz on 'em. I'm a big chicken myself, I'm into duckin' and runnin'.