Sunday, February 25, 2007

New York, NY


New York Socialites are like Hollywood’s young Celebs. They shop at all the hottest stores; frequent all the hot spots of the moment. They are gossiped about on Page six, dressed by designers, followed by paparazzi. BUT the difference is it’s a whole other world based on money (Not earned, but inherited), status and good looks (LA is all about new money, talent and celebrity… and of course good looks help too :)

www.socialiterank.com is this fantastic gossipy website (like Perez Hilton or TMZ only focused on NY Socialites, not celebrities) that weekly ranks New York Socialites. The girls are ranked using four categories to come up with the total power ranking:

• Personal styles and designer relations (1-20 pts)
• Press coverage in major publications and gossip columns (10 pts)
• Appearances and commitment to events (10 pts)
• Hot factor- what makes each of the individuals sizzle with personality (10 pts)

Let’s see how I stack up against the top five…

1) Tinsley Mortimer 44.1 (Famous for nothing, but looking pretty in photos)
2) Fabiola Beracasa 43.8 (Daughter of Veronica Hearst / best friend of number one Socialite, Tinsley Mortimer)
3) Rachel Roy 42.7 (Fashion designer and wife to Damon Dash)
4) Lydia Hearst 42.1 (Model / heir to the William Randolph Hearst media empire)
5) Olivia Chantecialle 41.8 (Daughter of French beauty guru Sylvie Chantecaille)

And me… Chudney Ross!

Personal style and designer relations (1-20 pts) – I think I have style, but sadly NO designer relations. I can ask to be dressed for an event and some may agree, but no one has ever offered to dress me socially.
For this category, I give myself an unimpressive… 5 pts

Press coverage in major publications and gossip columns (10 pts) – Every once in a while someone says something nasty and mean about me on a blog site, but major publications, not yet! I have appeared in the background of some photos, but I don’t think that counts.
For this category, I give myself a sad… 1 pt

Appearances and commitment to events (10 pts) – There is no one more committed to parties and events than me… What I’m lacking is the invites (hint hint… Invite me to your next party!!) If I lived in New York, I am sure I would be more a part the Charity and Gala events scenes because I’m a big advocate of charities and I love any good reason to get dressed up in a party dress. I do make some appearances, but I don’t go out every night or to every party.
For this category, I give myself 4 pts for at least making an effort ;)

Hot factor- what makes each of the individuals sizzle with personality (10 pts) – This is MY category!! I know I have the hot factor! I sizzle with personality. I am smart, witty and fun to be around (If I can’t be my own biggest fan, who else is gonna be ;)
In this category, I give myself a whopping 8 pts!!

That brings my grand totally power ranking to 18!! Which means I wouldn’t even come close to the top 20 listed on socialiterank.com. I venture to guess I rank somewhere in the 200-range. Are there even that many socialites in New York? Very sad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww you are so humble- a little surprising but so nice to see in a beautiful intelligent young women these days. In my opinion you beat out the rest.