Sunday, February 18, 2007

New York, NY


New York Fashion week was a whirlwind of champagne and goose bumps
(It was F***in FREEZING!)


I was super excited to be asked to walk in the Rolling With Style charity Fashion Show during New York Fashion week. Not only do I love to strut my stuff on the runway, but it was a good excuse to get to go to all the shows and parties… and get my name etched on the infamous Page 6 for the first time.

“We Here… We Here…
THAT Chudney Ross, youngest daughter of Supremes diva Diana Ross, will model in the Rolling With Style fashion show Feb. 6 at Cipriani 42nd Street to benefit women's spinal cord research.”

So off I went via Jet Blue (You cant beat the cheap flights and the TVs in the seat! I watched The Real House Wives of Orange County marathon and the Super Bowl half time show!) leaving the warm, sunny California day behind and arriving to below freezing temperatures. Brrr….

Not every designer would seat me (Chudney Ross, who?) So I only went to a couple shows of designers with heart for a girl trying to make it…

Nanette Le Pore - Where pretty dresses stalked the runway as I, in a borrowed strapless number that nearly turned me into an ice cube, snuggled in the front row next to a cashmere clad Carson Kressley.

Bill Blass - Where gorgeous gowns for the high-end socialite draped off stick-thin models who glided across the runway. I wore a vintage looking Bill Blass red dress, which I pinned up with like a hundred safety pins (poor man’s tailor) to make it a little shorter and more flattering and sat amongst New York’s biggest Socialites mesmerized by Joan River‘s plastic surgery.

Heatherette - The show to be at this season where Celebrities flanked the front row and I held tight to my seat which I eventually shared with my seat-less little brother Evan. The disorganized mess was glittered with a crazed Wizard of Oz theme. It whisked me into a world far away, but not as far away as the one Britney Spears and Paris Hilton where in… both NO SHOWS on the runway!

The Heatherette after party at Rose Land was a nightmare of squeezing and pushing to get into, but once bracelets where finagled with the help from a couple publicist (Thank You ASHLEY SOUSA for appearing as if from a puff of green smoke from LA to use your PR powers and a little name dropping to get us through the crowd) and clinging closely to new friend, Kim Kardashian (who was being swept through the crowd), we made it inside.

Champagne flowed freely and I filled my mouth with the candies (I’m not usually a sweets person but who can resist pixi sticks and taffy) and eye candy roamed the room shirtless ;) We danced till the Pussy Cat Dolls finished shaking their stuff on the stage then made our way to a waiting Limo (whose? I have no idea :) which took us on a late night tour of New York nightclubs. At 5:00 am (Way past my bed-time) Evan and I finally made it back to the apartment where I quickly passed out (I’m WAY too old for this), but Evan snacked and watched TV till sunrise.

After meetings (my head in a foggy cloud and my eyes droopy) with my literary agent the next morning (yes, on occasion I do some work ;) I happily left freezing New York City behind and boarded my plane back to sunny LA where the bars close at a decent hour and I never stay up till sunrise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, except for the cold.