Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MEET MORE READERS

This week, meet Tommy Lee and Sharon Jacobucci . I think it is beautiful that these two profiles came on the same week because I think they reflect each other in great ways. Tommy and Sharon are both positive people who have adopted beautiful children with whom they share their light and love (which I hope to do as well one day). Thank you for sharing your stories and for reading each week. Now, let’s meet my readers….

Reader Profile: Tommy Lee

My name is Tommy Lee Hayes-Brown. I love your blog and decided to write you and the readers to introduce myself as I think of us as "family in my head". Even though our backgrounds are completely different and on the surface may not seem like we've got a lot in common...one thing I've learned during this life's journey is that "We are more alike than unalike" - Maya Angelou. Like you, I am an aspiring children's book author and am currently shopping a couple books and thankfully getting close to striking a deal. Wish me luck!

I am the proud husband and father to a beautiful family here in beautiful Charlotte, NC. My wife and I have been happily married for 19 years and we are the parents of four incredible boys. Oree Believe is 10, Zion Zubari is 9, Isaiah Jsahni is 8 and Solomon Soul is 6. The boys keep us busy (especially my wife who stays home with them to home school) but I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I am grateful in that I have a great job that allows me to work from home, so the six of us roll together most days...how great is it that my boys have both parents home with them? We are truly blessed.

We are pretty non-traditional parents who are trying our best to raise men the world can be proud of. My wife and I decided when we first got married to both adopt and have biological children (this was before Brad & Angelina or Madonna - we were trail blazers!). We were fortunate to find an adoption agency here in Charlotte, NC that understood our mission to adopt even though we didn't have any fertility issues and worked with us to find our babies. Oree Believe came to us at 18 days old, Zion Zubari was 2 months old and Isaiah Jsahni was 3 days old. Solomon Soul is our biological child (but I think Isaiah looks more like me than he does, God truly has a sense of humor!). We've been featured on an episode of Discovery Channel's "Adoption Stories" that runs periodically so Tivo the Hayes-Browns to find out more about our adoption story. None of my boys are biologically related to each other, but I remind them all the time that blood doesn't make you a family...love does.

I originally came across your website after searching for pictures of your mother for a school project my sons were doing and really like your vibe. I think you are right in that a lot of people expect certain behaviors from the rich/famous and I am glad to read that you are so down to earth. Quite frankly, I've always thought of myself as a star in my own right and have a couple personal celebrity friends so I know first hand they are the same as anyone else...

I will sign off now but invite your blog readers to check out my family's website to ohhh and ahhh over my beautiful boys and see how great adoption can be! We are at www.Hayes-Brown.com. You can also friend me on facebook at www.facebook.com/tommylee. I'm always looking to expand my network with positive people I can learn from or just have fun getting to know.

Take care Chudney and family and I'll leave you with words from one of my favorite Diana Ross songs (which is also my family's theme song), "If we hold on together I know our dreams will never die. Dreams see us through to forever as high...as souls can fly...the clouds roll by...for YOU and I."


Reader Profile: Sharon Jacobucci

My name is Sharon Jacobucci and I was born August 18 which makes me a lioness and raised in NY a mini minute ago. Came to LA because I got tired of freezing my skinny legs off. Well, at that time they were quite lean stems. However, by then, I was married before I snapped back to reality. Out of that fantasy fog came a huge divorce. Haven't been married since. Out of that mini union came 3 beautiful children who are now grown. So, because of fortunate unexpected blessings, I was able to adopt two handsome little men who are the love/joy of my life. Jonathan (13) and Trevin. (12) Various reasons placed the boys into my life. Jonathan was already in our family when he was given up for adoption at 3 weeks old and Trevin came from a foster care agency because his mother passed away when he was a year old. I was doing stand up comedy around LA and had just started acquiring a lot of fans when motherhood fell into my life again and I made the right decision to give it another go around simply because OUR family is forever. And comedy is a gig you can catch up to later in life but my proudest moment is being able to keep both my boys with me 24/7.

I came across Chudney's blog because I read hideous statements and it broke my heart a few people could be so crude towards someone they had never met. Pre-judgment is a horrible misguided expression of hatred. I know because I get dirty looks and the middle finger occasionally because of the job I do. I am a Meter Maid and some people have a preconceived notion that I am evil and have no heart whatsoever because I'm in a uniform. But if they took the time they could see I truly am a wonderful woman with a zany, humorous attitude. So after reading false traducement against Chudney, I decided to lend support by writing and reaching out with love. I found Chudney on MySpace and on her profile there's a link to her blog. I've been a fan ever since and read each blog no matter what's going on in my world. It's my favorite escapism filled with wisdom, fantasies of places I would like to go see someday, adventures, and plenty of helpful tidbits… Plus meeting Chudney proved she's more beautiful off the pages of her blogs.

My favorite color is blue. I love seafood. I see food and eat it-ALL... lol! Favorite season is fall/Christmas in NY> LA can't compete with New York’s four seasons. What would I do if anything were possible? I'd interview your mom and get a photo of us together afterwards, but it ain't possible. So there!!! lol! My favorite Diana Ross song is "I ain't been Licked," but heck there are so many others. Especially her early solo albums from the 70's. How would a friend describe me? They would say Bucci's nutty but in a surprisingly good way. ha ha ha!

You can reach me on facebook by looking my name up. Sharon Jacobucci or you can watch me on trutv every Monday starting June 7 at 10 pm on a show called " All Worked Up" where my character's name is Jackie Pucci and I play a Meter Maid that gives no one a break whatsoever. If I did, there woudn’t be a show. Don't confused the show with my reality because I do give breaks... lol!

That is the last of the profiles! Thank you everyone for sharing about yourselves and if you haven’t shared yours yet and you still want to, please feel free to email it ASAP! I have enjoyed getting to know you a whole bunch. More questions/ answers and blogs coming soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy and Sharon Nice to meet you. I am glad to know that you are part of our circle of friends/family. Chudney do has an amazing blog but you can expect that from an amazing person. Chudney thank you for being gracious enough to allow us in your life. Most importantly for being a super friend. Well it is time to go and I want to send my blessing to all my new friends. Lena!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I saw the two blogs at the same time and it was fun to read them as always :). I look forward to see what people are going to ask you about and your answers.

Best regards
Kristin Iceland

Mark said...

Hi Chudney & Everyone,

Hope all is well with you!

Tommy Lee and Sharon, I really enjoyed reading your profiles! It was great reading about you and getting to know a little more about you. You are so nice. Thanks for sharing your profiles with us!

I hope more readers will submit their profiles in the future! It is always fun to meet and learn about new people.

Chudney, I hope you are enjoying the beginning of summer (my favorite season)! Cheers to the kick-off of "Summer 2010"!

Best wishes,

Mark :)

Ebony and Ivory said...

Hi Chudney (and Mark),

Chudney--I just found a video at your Mom's concert back in the '70's on You Tube when you were like 3 years old. Priceless!

I'm too shy to introduce myself to the whole blog world, so far now...I remain forever "Ebony & Ivory"!