Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LET THE INTERVIEW BEGIN…


So… last week, I started writing a fun filled blog about my cruise to Mexico for my one-year anniversary with Joshua. It was filled with information for those of you who may be interested in taking a cruise on the Princess line in the future and it had funny and silly tidbits about my karaoke debacle, late night dance parties and horse back riding on tiny little horses in Puerto Vallarta. It was a good read (if I don’t say so myself), but sadly you will not get to read it this week. That is, unless you find the burglar who broke the window of car and stole everything while I was in yoga last Friday. Yes, I realize that I am the idiot who should have brought my brand new lap top into the yoga studio with me and that hiding it under the seat doesn’t always work when you also leave a good looking leather Marc Jacobs purse (my favorite one) on the front seat. UGH!

Well, instead of wallowing (I did shed a flood of tears for a couple days), I am moving forward, writing on my old computer and not dwelling on the writing and work that was not backed up. It’s definitely a bummer, but you gotta get back on the horse, so here goes….

Thank you so very much to everyone who has emailed questions and profiles. Please be patient with me though. I will try to get to as many of them as possible as soon as possible, but I also want to keep up you up to date with my other adventures. One of our readers Q was concerned about my busy schedule and disappointing people whose questions it takes me a while to get to, so I would like to let you know that I promise to read every email, try to answer at least some of your questions (if you sent 100 sadly, I may not get to them all) and post your FABULOUS reader profiles soon (don’t forget to send pictures).

Keep tuning in and your questions will be answered. ENJOY!

First up… JASE CARTER, a reader since mid 2007 who usually doesn’t leave comments submitted a slew of great questions. Like many people she discovered my blog while reading nasty things about me on radaronline.com and other gossip sites. After checking my blog out to see what the big fuss was about, she became hooked.


Questions from Jase:

Who inspires you besides your mother and why?

I am inspired by all people who go after their dreams. Sometimes I feel as if there is so much more I should be doing and more that I want to accomplish and it’s overwhelming. But, when I look at people such as my mother, President Obama, Oprah or even the kid’s that I wrote letters with at Children Mending, I am inspired to keep working with perseverance to reach my dreams. These people didn’t (and don’t) let anything get in the way of reaching their highest potential and to me that is inspiring.

What do you know about yourself now that you did not know when you were in your 20's?
When I was young, I was very shy and I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin. As I have matured, I have learned that the goofy, nerdy, unique and special person that I am is perfect for me. Our differences are what makes us beautiful. I used to struggle with my body and the way I looked, but once I embraced who I am and the body I was born into, everyone else started to see my beauty, too. I was once too shy to speak my mind, but once I started talking I realized that what I have to say is important and just as FABULOUS as the next person. I think we all learn so much about ourselves as time passes and I am happy with the person I’ve become and excited about where life will continue to lead.

If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be and why?
I would describe myself as confident, happy and fun loving. Confidence has been a learning process, but I have made it to a point where I am very comfortable with whom I am. I am lucky to be the kind of girl who can always can find the silver lining in a bad situation. I try to keep negativity out of my head and out of my heart. I also would say I am fun-loving or maybe even goofy, because I love to enjoy life and live it to the fullest whether that be making up silly interpretive dances in front of the mirror or singing karaoke in my living room.

Jase had many more GREAT questions, which I will add to the pile for a future blog. Thank you, Jace!!

KRISTIN GUDMUNDSDOTTIR from Iceland was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to understand her English, but it was close to perfect! Keep working on your English, Kristin! You’re doing great! Thanks for reading my blog and writing in!


A question from Kristin:

You are children’s book writer, model, starting business with your friend, a host in young Hollywood and a teacher! That is a lot and your family are actors and singers do you have any time to see each other? Do you spend holidays together?
Family has always been super important to me and yes, we are all very busy people. My mom has instilled in us the importance of family and so we all make a good effort to see each other often. We used to do family dinners on Sundays, but that doesn’t always work, so I at least make an effort to call and chat with my mom every Sunday (Sunday Check-in!) I talk to my siblings often by phone and I have lunch with my brothers or Tracee who live in LA and go to NYC every couple months to visit Rhonda. We try to plan family vacations when we can and see each other on most big holidays. I am happy to say that I have not been with out family for one thanksgiving or Christmas since I was born. Not bad for a BIG family with a BUSY schedule!

Linnea discovered my blog while watching youtube videos of my mom. She says she keeps coming back because she looks up to me and likes that I’m not a show off and that I write about positive things in an honest way. Thank you, Linnea for your continuous support and kind words.


Questions from Linnea:

What is the background to your name?

I get this question a lot because Chudney is such a unique name. My mom and dad have different stories on this one. My mom says she was just being creative. They started with a pretty normal name (Rhonda), then got a little fancy with a double ee (Tracee), then went all out in the creativity department with me (Chudney). My dad says that they didn’t have a name for me when I was born because they thought I was gonna be a boy, then two nurses said names at the same time (Courtney and something else), every one heard Chudney and the rest is history ☺ Either one works for me as I have grown to embrace my unique name and found that many girls and boys have been named after me, too!

What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
As I have gotten older, I have become much more tame. As a teen, I was a bit of an adventure seeker. I’ve scuba dove a night in pitch back ocean, jumped off cliffs and jet skied over sharks. Now, safety comes first!

What is the biggest misconception about you?
I think that people often think that I’m a self-centered, entitled diva who is given everything on a silver platter. My mom has done a great job teaching us the value of money and the importance of being humble, working hard and being polite. Most people are surprised at how “normal” I am, which is funny because even though I was born into a celebrity family, I am just an average girl working hard and going after my dreams like everyone else.

Lot’s more FABULOUS questions and reader profile’s coming soon! Keep the emails coming. For now, I am happy to keep this going for a while. I think it will be a nice supplement in between my other blogs (and I promise I will try to get back to that blog about my cruise to Mexico)!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Hey Chudney,

I am so sorry to hear that your car got broken into and you lost your brand new lap top, purse, and other items! That is such a shame! I really feel bad for you. I don't know why bad things happen to good people! Again, I am so sorry to hear this news.

Thank you for answering some of the questions in this week's blog! You did a great job with them! As always, you are very open and honest, and I can see that you have a great sense of humor. I know all of the readers appreciate that. I like how you will incorporate some of our questions and profiles into your blog every now and then and will continue to do this for some time. It is also great that you will continue to update us on your other adventures, too!

Your blog is the BEST! I am looking forward to reading more questions / answers and profiles soon! Keep up the great work!

By the way, congratulations on your one-year anniversary with Joshua! Hope that you had a great cruise to Mexico!

Your friend,

Mark :)

P.S. I hope that they catch that darn thief (and you can get your items recovered)!!!!

Dr. Strangelove said...

I suspect that the new book, Watching YouTube: Extraordinary Videos by Ordinary People (University of Toronto Press, 2010), will be of interest to you.


Dr. Strangelove
University of Ottawa

Jase Carter said...

Thanks for answering a few of my questions. Great answers and insight. Hope you will get a chance to answer them all in future blog posts. Again, thanks Chudney!!!! P.S. I noticed you used a "c" rather than a "s" when spelling my name (Jase), but its all good lol!!! Keep the good work up!!!

Vicky said...

Hey Chudney,
I am so sorry about your car getting broken into. I know gyms and shopping malls are where most car thefts in Ca occur. Whenever a car is broken into at the gyms I go too, it is due to someone leaving their purse, computer, or something of value where it can be seen. I feel bad for you as we have so many thiefs out here. I work in the police department and the courts. Crime is out of control plus the unemployment is very high in Ca. I will post a new picture and send some questions in a few weeks. I have been extremely busy maybe now you know why, as there is alot of crime going on. I will be going to Mexico to Cabo San Lucas in a few days for a week. So when I get back I will find time to send you questions. I know I found your blog by looking for your mom's concert schedule in 2008. I have been reading your blog ever since then. As I have told you before you are a incrediable writer. You are very open, honest and a gift to write. You also have a sense of humor and I think you are a great person. I don't know why you felt insecure in the past as you have so much talent. Maybe it was because of all the talent you were around all your life and you were comparing yourself trying to measure up to them. Not a problem your great and I am glad you had a blast on your cruise. I love Princess ships good choice. Talk to you when I get back from Mexico!!! Take care, Vicky

Sharon Jacobucci said...

Just heard about your car.. I hate that. I know the feeing because I've been there except instead of breaking into my car, they broke into my home twice in one week and I moved out of that neighborhood for good. Very painful for me to deal with so I know what you are going through.. I feel for you.

Mark, I loved your web site.. I can't get enough of it.. I was in NY recently and took a bunch of pictures beside Diana's poster at the Radio City Music Hall.. My sister laughed because she knows how crazy I am for Diana's music. I hope when I get her age I l will look half as good.. lol


Love you, Chudney.