Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TIME FLIES… WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO TO CATCH IT?

I can’t believe it’s already March… and almost the end of March at that. I think as you get older time passes more quickly (is that even possible?) Maybe it is just how we experience time. They say time flies when you’re fun. I don’t want time to pass me right by, but I also have to say I would rather be enjoying the fast flying minutes then drowning in slow moving sadness. I realize that I am a lucky girl as I reach out to try and savor every second and make the most of my time on this earth.


As move into the spring, I take inventory on my New Year’s resolutions and I have to say… I think I’ve been doing pretty well. Even though I may not have come as far as I would have liked, I have been working hard. I’ve been learning the tools to start a successful business (more info coming soon), continuing to write new projects while I wait for notes on my rewrite (which is a challenge sometimes) and making my best effort to work out and eat healthy (which is a challenge all the time). I’ve continued to build and cultivate positive and healthy relationships with friends and family… and Joshua of course (1 full year and still counting) I’m proud of the many philanthropic ventures I’ve been lending my time to.


I’ve also been open to taking advantage of exciting and sometimes scary opportunities as they present themselves. I’ve been approached about multiple reality shows (which I think I’m too normal for BTW, but we shall see). I’m going to pose for and be the “muse” for an amazing French designer’s new collection (which is why I need to focus my food intake and workout) and I still am hoping that a hosting opportunity presents itself (because even when my life seems to be pushing me in a different direction, I’m still drawn to being in front of the camera).


As this year continues to fly by, I have made a pledge to myself to work my hardest and put my all into everything I do (which is really hard sometimes when I’m feeling lazy and just want to watch stupid reality TV). I will continue to work towards leaving a positive legacy, by being a good friend, daughter, sister and girlfriend and by doing charity work. I will continue to do the best I can, because I know with hard work and focus I will achieve my dreams. Anything is possible. Even as time flies by, I will do my best to cherish every FABULOUS moment (even when the TV, greasy fast food, lazy, time waster monster tries to draw me in).


A quote for today:

“Live every day to its fullest, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come.”

9 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Chudney,

Thanks for another great blog entry and for sharing this with us. I am glad to hear that you are doing well! I wish you continued success, health, and happiness as you pursue your dreams!! I can't wait to hear more about the plans for your new business. I am sure that this is a very exciting time for you! I wish you the best of luck & success with your business venture!

Thanks again for this fabulous post and all that you do!

I am so happy that "Spring has Sprung" and we are moving into warmer weather and the summer months soon (my favorite time of the year)! I love how everything comes alive again during this season (grass turns green, flowers bloom, birds return, leaves come back on trees, days become longer and warmer, etc. - all great things!) Enjoy this fantastic season! I wish you a HAPPY SPRING!

Best wishes,

Mark

Mark said...

March 26, 2010

Hi Chudney,

I just wanted to drop you a line to wish your mother a very HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!!!! I hope that she has a special day with all of you.

I put a special birthday message for her on Mark's Diana Ross Web Site, www.marksdianarosswebsite.com. I will keep the message posted for a few days.

I know this site is about you and not your mother, but I just had to send my birthday wishes! I could not forget her special day. Birthdays are fabulous!

You do not have to post this comment if you don't want to. I completely understand and would not be upset if you choose not to post it.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Mark

Andrew said...

It's time to wish Diana Ross a very Happy Birthday, March 26 and a Thank You to Rhonda, Tracee, Chudney, Ross and Evan for sharing this great entertainer, Diana Ross, with the rest of the world. You have every reason to be proud and Diana Ross tells the world how she loves her children. Have Fun!

ethel said...

Great post Chudney! I really like it, i could relate, : ). We share the same sentiments...doing things that we should and avoiding those time & figure wasters for us girls, hähä! ('though i like iced coffee & hot caramel sundae...i could settle for one each every 2 or 3 weeks, wäääääh! Sacrifices has to be made in achieving goals, : ). ) It's true! Time flies & passes us by. But the truth is: Time Management is a myth! What we need is to manage/discipline ourselves! God bless us on our journey! Let's keep up & when we fall, make the best of it & get back up! That's being Fabulous! : )

amera said...

Dear Chudney;

The answer is simply this....
take time out to smell the coffee ...
deadlines...meetings schedules...
take more time out for ME...

time passes us by so quickly...
seems the older that we get...
as if time is not fast enough...
it seems to get faster yet...

take time out for YOU...
and do some things for yourself...
we cannot put time in a bottle...
and save it on a shelf...

once it passes us by Chudney...
it does not return again...
so take your time through the day...
to catch your second wind...

seems we try to slow down time...
we attempt to slow the seconds..
the more we try to slow them...
they go by faster... I'm guessing...

life is so short and precious...
we must take a time out for us...
if we can achieve this my friend...
THAT WOULD BE FABULOUS!!!!

amera

Ebony and Ivory said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Mom--The one and only DIANA ROSS! Can't wait for the More Today Than Yesterday Tour! Hope Muscles is on the program this time.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I like to take the time out to say I am very happy to hear you are living your dream. There is much more to come to you Chudney because you are a good person. I am thankful to have you as my friend. You has encourage me to follow my dreams. I have been a very busy girl thats why it has been a while since I commented on your blogs. I know you knows the feeling. Lena!!!

BHA said...

Hi there,

Thx for post---when I read the tidbit about you writing--yet wanting to be in front of the camera...I was like that's so me! I do both :)

I'd say---do both---and in this next semester work as hard as you ever have to make your mark.

God bless you & cheers to a GREAT next quarter of 2010!

Sharon Jacobucci said...

Chudney, I think you were able to catch a mirrored glimpse inside my mind.. Scary but true. The blog's affecting words resonate with so many different feelings swirling around my heart because it contains exactly what I've been thinking about my amazingly, utterly, confusing life. :D