Wednesday, February 10, 2010

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS


I ask myself, "What does happiness means to me?"


Here is what I came up with….

Happiness is family and friends, puppies and passion.

Love and laughter, strength and giving back.


Happiness is FAMILY. I'm the luckiest girl because my family loves me fully, supports me in everything I do, makes me smile and laugh until my stomach hurts.


My FRIENDS make me very happy. I have found awesome women that I can laugh with, who I can be myself with, who I can tell my secrets to.

Happiness is LOVE. I'm happy that I have love in my heart, that I have someone to confide in and be totally my silly self with, to laugh with and love with hopefully for a long time to come.


Although, Peanut and Brody drive me to my wits ends with barking and peeing and pooping in the house, they also bring me so much joy. Nothing can beat the unconditional love of dog. Mine have been snuggled next to me thru thick and thin and I wouldn't feel complete without my little shadows.


Happiness is TALENT, PASSION and the STRENGTH to not give up even when things sometimes get hard. Who knew life wasn't an easy road. It makes me happy that I have friends and family for support to continue to follow my dreams.


Happiness is my SPIRIT and my HUMOR. Even when I wake up and I am feeling down I refuse to give up, stay in bed and wallow in it. I am a pleasure seeker and I am happy that I can always find a way to smile.


Happiness is GIVING BACK. I know that I'm lucky girl to have been dealt these cards I was dealt. To truly appreciate this life I have, I know it's important to give back to those less fortunate. Lending my time to non-profit work brings me joy and happiness.


My life is filled tot he brim with happiness! I'm so lucky that everyday I wake at the beach and the sun is still shining. Happy for leggings and us weekly and an ice coffee. For bacon that I just adore. For holidays with family, date nights with Joshua, snuggling in bed and ladies nights out. For fast food and warm goat cheese salads. I’m a lucky girl and I’m happy!


Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.

The definition of happiness by Aristotle


What is happiness to you?


6 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Chudney,

Thanks for another update and your beautiful reflection on what "Happiness" means to you!! It was a very nice read, and you touched on so many important things in life - family & friends, our pets, love, talent, passion, strength, spirit, humor, giving back, and favorite foods. These are all very important qualities to value in life! If I were to reflect on my own life, I would also come up with a very similar list of items. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

We had a huge snow storm on the East Coast today! I am sure that you heard about it. I am happy for the days off from work today and tomorrow due to the snow (snow days are always fun and exciting), and these days carry right into our Presidents' Day weekend (Friday and Monday). I am very happy and thankful for my six day weekend!! The snow always brings out the kid in me!

Hope all is well with you, and thanks again for your great post! Hope you have a great weekend and a nice Valentine's Day!!

Sincerely,

Mark :)

LENA the Beauty said...

Happiness to me is life itself. When I open up my eyes to see another day that is a blessing an also happiness to me. It is wonderful when you have the friends and family to share it all with. I consider myself a lucky girl as well, I have two beautiful children a husband that has been adoring me for 14 years now. I feel the happiness you are speaking of Chudney. I feel life would not be anything if you can not find some type of happiness in your life. Even if a person does not have the family or the friends to count on at least you have yourself. I say to those who don't have that kind of happiness. Don't giveup because life didn't take you where you wanted to go today there is always tomorrow. Chudney it nice to hear how happy you is and I hope you stay happy for a long time. You deserves everything you have in your life and always look to the heavens above and thank God with all your might. Happy to hear things are wonderful with you I am signing out LENA!!!!!

12345789 said...

i am new to this blogging thing, and i have stumbled across yours. One thing i can say that makes me happy is knowing that someone like you who writes about things like what happiness means to you(:
i look for the little things, like thanks yous and strangers who smile. Happiness means so much to me because it it something we as people take for granted. I am so happy for my family and friends. And flowers and trees. I am happy to be on this earth. And i am happy knowing that people can write about good things, and i am happy know people will write about their opinion and also ask what makes others happy. It is what i call consideration, which you have, so thank you. Your blog here has made me very happy. :)

12345789 said...

i am new to this blogging thing, and i have stumbled across yours. One thing i can say that makes me happy is knowing that someone like you who writes about things like what happiness means to you(:
i look for the little things, like thanks yous and strangers who smile. Happiness means so much to me because it it something we as people take for granted. I am so happy for my family and friends. And flowers and trees. I am happy to be on this earth. And i am happy knowing that people can write about good things, and i am happy know people will write about their opinion and also ask what makes others happy. It is what i call consideration, which you have, so thank you. Your blog here has made me very happy. :)

Mark said...

Hey Chudney,

I'm just stopping by to say hello!! Hope all is well with you! We are in the middle of another huge snow storm on the E Coast right now with hurricane-like conditions! The wind is unbelievable! It has certainly been a crazy winter this year! I don't know where all of this is coming from?? I didn't think we were going to have much snow this winter. Boy, was I wrong!! Oh well, another 4-day weekend! Snow days are the best! They always bring out the kid in me. I am sure that you have many wonderful memories of "Snow Days" from when you were growing up in CT! It would be so cool if you could share them with us one day. I think that would be a fantastic blog topic to read about!

Were you able to go to Fashion Week this year in NYC? I saw all of it on the news. It is kind of sad that this was the end of an era for it in Bryant Park with all of the tents. I am sure that many of the designers are sad about it since it was so close to the fashion district; however, I am sure that everyone is looking forward to a new beginning for it at Lincoln Center! There will certainly be more space for the shows as everyone will not be crowded in the tents, and since it will be inside, the weather will no longer be an issue. We will have to wait and see what happens. It will be very different, though, as Bryant Park has been a part of FW for so many years. B Park is also a beautiful place to visit at Christmas time and the holidays with all of the vendors in the white tents, the tree, and the ice skating rink! It is a very pretty park and a fabulous place to visit in NYC!

Anyway, I thought I would just stop by to say hello! Hope all is well with you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Kristin said...

Sounds like JOY to me!
Happiness is a feeling that can come and go, and is contingent upon outside factors.

What you appear to have is plain old JOY . . . which is a state of being and a true blessing! I wish the continuance of it for you ALWAYS!
Thanks for this post Chudney!