Wednesday, March 19, 2008

LA FASHION WEEK


It’s FASHION WEEK in LA and I’ve been laying low.

The schedule this season was surprising with lots of new celebrity’s clothing lines: Lauren Conrad Collection, Jenna Jameson, The Pussy Cat Dolls. Since I ain’t no one special (in the eyes of celebrity PR) it was hard to snag a seat (without a publicist to finagle me one), so I’ve been laying low.

My friend Sarah (one of my many college room-mates) was in town, so Sunday (opening night of FASHION WEEK), I opted for margaritas and tacos at Cabo Cantina instead of the whole fashionable thing (I wore leggings and Uggs and no make up, but still think I looked pretty good!)

Monday, again NO FASHION WEEK for me! I started my week as I always do. I taught music at the pre-school, wrote at the library, worked out at the gym and I ate a sushi dinner at Matsuhisa with my friend Pearl (who’s leaving to go on tour with Velvet Revolver next week).

Tuesday, I started to ease into FASHION WEEK! I headed to Hollywood to write at my favorite Coffee Bean then hiked Runyon Canyon with Peanut, my sister Tracee and her dog Lady Bug. After a quick shower at mom’s I went to a fitting for SAMORA’s show. I walked in her show a couple season’s ago and she always dresses me for her shows (FABULOUS!) After I had chosen a Grecian inspired, green dress. I headed to my next fitting for the LI CARI’s show, which I’m going to host and walk in at the end of the week. I tried on a couple dresses for the runway and a sexy lace top and skirt for the red carpet. That night, I laid low and had dinner and a movie with my new friend Mike that I met on myspace (seriously! I met him on myspace! Ha ha!)

I finally hit the FASHION WEEK tents Wednesday (It’s hard to keep me away you know). FASHION WEEK is like a reunion. I got to mingle with all my FASHION WEEK buddies that like me float from FASHION WEEK to FASHION WEEK: Davis and Nina from Smashbox, Katy from Getty images, Rocco from Fashion News Live, Jessica and the gang from Judith Ripka and of course the models (I love male models!)

I went to the GREEN INITIATIVE show where eco-friendly designers showed their designs in a high energy, fun show. I was shafted to the second row, but stopped my whining when the show started with hip-hop / break-dancers busting a move on the runway followed by the very hip designs of M THE MOVEMENT (It’s surprising that eco-friendly fashions can still be super cool and not look like hemp, dumpy bags). Next a jazz dancer leapt across the runway followed marching models in the unique, classy designs by LADY MUSE. A beautiful ballet dancer pirouetted across the runway followed by the flowing designs of RENE GENEVA. Hula dancers shook and shimmied followed by the island fashions of LILIKOI. Chinese ribbon dancers opened the show for VINTAGE CHINA and finally two adorable, mini-models (little girls strutting their stuff) pounced across the runway to open the show for ANDIRA RAIN TEES. The models shimmied to bongo drums played by two very sexy, topless male models (both of whom I know! Victor and Jax are HOT!) One of the best shows I have ever seen with great gift bags to boot (eco-friendly snacks, drinks and t-shirts)!

Thursday afternoon, I dolled up in my borrowed SAMORA dress and headed to Smashbox studios with my friend Samantha. We cruised the tents looking for freebies (though only lip gloss, water and a weird energy drink called BALLS could be found) then we took our seats in the front row (thank goodness :) to watch the show. The models stalked the runway with classy designs of tweed and wool (one very cute sweater dress that I will definitely have to get from SAMORA)!

I had to rush right after the show to Beverly Hills where I was hosting and walking in the LI CARI fashion show. I arrived a bit late (I hate being LATE!) and hopped right in the make-up chair where I was adorned with silver shimmer eye shadow, fake eyelashes and rosy cheeks! Next my hair was curled and hair sprayed into a big bouffant! As people started to arrive, I pulled on my lace top and sexy skirt and hit the red carpet. Hosting is silly because there is nothing to do but mingle and get your picture taken. After a short time, I got bored and headed back to get ready for the show. My friend Tasha was walking too, so we chatted and hung out till the show started. I walked in two looks: a little white mod dress with tights and boots (that were too big and made me slip and nearly fall on the runway!) and a jacket and skirt with huge buttons (not my style, but a big hit on the runway!)

After the show, we hung out for bit, sipped cocktails and ate about a million mini cupcakes (I didn’t have dinner and I was HUNGRY)! After snagging a couple gift bags (a $50 coupon for more cupcakes was inside! YUM!), Tasha and I headed to Opera nightclub for my friend Kennedy’s birthday. We danced and I ogled Josh Henderson (HOTTIE!) from Desperate Housewives. Next we headed to Goa for a little bit more dancing and more cocktails, but my feet were killing me from all the dancing and runway walking so Tasha and I headed home to hit the hay!

Even though not as wild as LA FASHION WEEKS in the past, the parties and shows I did attend where FABULOUS and fun!!

My FASHION WEEK extravaganzas seem to be slowing down, but a little fashion and partying never hurts now and then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chudney,
Not to sound too matronly but be careful with the people on myspace.

Give Love,
Anj

Anonymous said...

Wow tight up scedule and what ANJ said you definatly need to be careful with people on myspace. Since your a celeb kid, do watch your back.

Rage

Anonymous said...

With all the goings on in your busy schedule, the fact that you had time to teach music touched my heart. Too sweet. Your fried Pearl touring with Velvet Revolver? Maybe she could do the lead if Scott Weiland doesn't show up. You should always be on the runway but you seem so, so busy. Got some freebies is always a plus! Good to know you are seeing family and keeping that connection precious. You look lovely in the photos. Thanks for sharing!