Wednesday, February 20, 2008

YOUNG HOLLYWOOD

When I decided that I wanted to be a TV host, I knew I would need a reel (a bunch of clips of me actually hosting so people could see that I don’t suck in front of the camera). I didn’t want to film myself interviewing my friends (that seems so low budget), so I started seeking other options on the internet and through castings on craigslist. At a fashion show for DASH (The Kardashian’s boutique), I met RJ, the owner of a website called YOUNG HOLLYWOOD.



I had heard of the website before and instantly started harassing RJ (and Jill, one of the producers, and really anyone who would listen) to let me host.

I like YOUNG HOLLYWOOD because it provides an insider’s view into the Hollywood scene in a positive way (so rare with websites and blogs these days). It reveals the inside story of celebrity life, as told by the best source… celebrities! With its access inside the velvet rope, YOUNG HOLLYWOOD is the ultimate insider’s guide to celebrity lifestyle, travel, nightlife, music, fashion, and more. It’s only been around about a year and already ranks in the top five internet sites in the celebrity news category.

YOUNG HOLLYWOOD lets me come up with my own ideas and write my own questions. I pitch ideas and if they are interested, I can set up the whole shoot and they send me a cameraman (Richard is the best!) I get experience producing as well as hosting and a lot of great interviews with top celebrities!

The first segment I set up and hosted was METAL SKOOL. I had seen the comedic 80’s heavy metal tribute band a couple times before and knew they would make for a fun segment. METAL SKOOL is awesome! They are totally wild (while I tried to ask questions they looked up my skirt, humped my leg and made fun of each other). Also celebrities are always in the audience and rocking out on the stage. Just recently Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo sang on stage with the hair band. Check METAL SKOOL out at the Key Club every Monday night and check out my segment below!



The second segment I shot was the opening of the upscale doggie boutique BUSTER AND SULLIVAN in Malibu. It was a charity event for Much Love Animal Shelter and being that it was in Malibu lots of celebrities came out (I totally hassled the Hoff as he was just passing by and trying to get to dinner at Nobu). Check out my very handsome and talented co-host, Peanut!



It was cool to be a part of the National HIV testing day event at the Screen Actors Guild (what an important charity event)! Many celebrities came out to undergo a public HIV test in order to encourage 1 million Americans to get tested and stop the AIDS epidemic. GET TESTED and for more info visit one.org!



My next segment was the Celebrity Catwalk, where many young, hip celebs came out to strut their stuff on the runway for charity. It was fun to interview my friends the Kardashians and Kendra, whom I love from the Girls Next Door. I think I started to get more comfortable hosting with this segment. Check it out!



THE MAXIM STYLE AWARDS is one of my favorite segments. A lot of fun stars came out to celebrate 2007 style and fashion (as well as the hot ladies on the covers of MAXIM Magazine). For no good reason, I was feeling a little sillier than usual, which made for a fun segment. Enjoy!



Another important charity segment I was psyched to be a part of was THE DECLARE YOURSELF event. Hollywood’s brightest young stars came out to encourage young Americans to register to vote in the 2008 primaries and presidential elections. Register and VOTE (Obama :) and watch the segment below!



YOUNG HOLLYWOOD doesn’t like to do red carpet events. They like to get the inside view of the parties and hang with the celebrities. At the ASSASINS CREED video game party, we may have been a little bit TOO close to the action. It was loud (really, REALLY loud)! We were standing right on the side of the dance floor, so I felt like I was screaming at everyone, which didn’t make for the best interviews. At least the party was fun. Ha! (I do love a good party!) Check it out!



I while back I auditioned to be the host of an internet show called Total Pop Star (the American Idol of the internet). Sadly, I didn’t get the job, but the funny thing is YOUNG HOLLYWOOD asked me to host from their launch party. It was a pretty lame event (maybe I’m just a little bitter for having not gotten the job), but I did get to chat with 80's teen music idol, Deborah Gibson (I was a HUGE fan back in the day!)



My friend (model / DJ) Caroline D’Amore invited me to the opening of her new play BOYS DUMB GIRLS CRAZY. Sure enough YOUNG HOLLYWOOD was there too (Kim Kardashian and Brittny Gastineau were on hand as well). The play was funny, Caroline was hysterical and I got some funny clips with the girls about boys and relationships.



Just last week, I did my first real sit down (and more serious) interview (I tend to act a bit silly in front of the camera). We got to go in the studio with Ashanti as she recorded her new album (which sounds HOT BTW!) It was super cool to get such behind the scenes access. Ashanti and her “mom-ager” (mom / manager) where very sweet and I for one am super excited about her new album!



YOUNG HOLLYWOOD is a FABULOUS website that you should definitely check out! They have been instrumental in the building of my hosting reel and RJ, Jill, Michelle, Lesa, Richard and the gang are super nice too.

Check out more segments to come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chudney I LOVED your hair in the clip for the MAXIM event. You should always wear it like that you look hot! -Adrian

Anonymous said...

You should work on your side angle Chud. Although you have the cutest little baby face but it seems to be a bit to exotic for "Hollywood." Has anybody ever told you that you look like your aunt the Dr.? I'v only seen a picture of your aunt and it was years ago.

Bungee

Anonymous said...

That was loads of fun! You are a great interviewer. I hope it takes you where you want to go. You have the beauty and sparkle for the camera. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your career pursuits. You are a lovely positive-thinking person. I applaud you for that. Your life seems filled with fun and travel.