Wednesday, January 16, 2008

RESOLUTIONS


I have nothing to write about and you know, that’s FABULOUS too.

Sometimes there is nothing exciting going on in the life of Chudney (yes, it sometimes happens that the Social Butterfly is mellow, relaxed and normal). You may say, “But Chudney, there is ALWAYS something to write about” and that is true.

My everyday normal existence is FABULOUS. It’s worth attention. It’s worth praise and it is worth noticing that I am just a normal gal doing normal things to live my life to the fullest. There were no glamorous galas or red carpet parties or trips to exotic locations. This week was about hanging with friends, getting settled back into my world of writing after the holidays and looking forward to the year ahead.

With all the hustle and the bustle of my trip to Colorado, I never had time to sit and think about my resolutions for the year. 2007 was awesome and I have a feeling 2008 is gonna hit another upward swing on the pendulum of life and I for one am READY for the ride.

I felt like I was spinning my wheels for a long time (maybe too long) trying to figure out my path in the world, my passion, and my talent. Once I figure out what it was I wanted to do and who I wanted to be, it’s been an exciting journey that I am blessed to be on.

I am proud to say I am writer (with a recent book deal which I am stoked about). So my RESOLUTION this year is to keep to a writing schedule. I want to create new books and outlets for my writing.

In this New Year, I wanna expand my creativity. I used to love to draw and make home movies. I wanna let my creative juices flow and not stifle them because I’m lazy or cant find the time.

My hosting reel was finally completed in the end of 2007 (with the help of YoungHollywood.com) and this year I want my hosting to go to the next level. I want to get an agent and start auditioning more! Watch your TV (and computer screens) for more of ME!

If you’ve read my blog in the past you know I love to eat (A LOT)! Over the holidays, I put on some weight and let myself get out of shape. I feel healthier, more energized when I’m fit and healthy. I want to STOP eating fast food in this NEW YEAR (UGH!! I miss my Big Macs already). I want to work out more consistently which is easier with varied workouts. (I do ballet, yoga, spinning, cardio and weights at the gym). I also want to not drink so much. My skin is way healthier (and less wrinkly) and my days way more productive when I don’t wake up with a killer hangover.

I want to work on decorating my house. It’s been very sparse and what I have jokingly have called “minimalist” since I moved in. It’s time to get comfortable, move around the furniture, buy a bigger TV (mine’s so damn small I can barely see it from my bed) and hang art on the walls. No more boxes in the New Year.

Having time to sit and think, to be with yourself and love yourself is FABULOUS. Even though I thought I had nothing to write about so much has come up. Even with out the glitz and the glam my life is FABULOUS.

Take time and be with yourself, think and love all that is YOU because you too are FABULOUS!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did have something to write and it was fabulous! I hope you do have a happy and healthy 2008! Whatever comes your way, may it thrill and excite you and keep those creative juices flowing. Good Luck in all and Happy 2008! Love the photo too!

dalia said...

fabulous. i want to write more as well. i've been freelancing regularly, which is a good start, and after reading eat love pray i feel like i should aim a little higher.

i also would like to procrastinate less, which is what i'm doing by reading your blog instead of editing a document i've been commissioned to do. 68 pages. yuk. : P

good luck in '08.

Anonymous said...

--------((`'-"""``"""-'`))
---------)==-====-===(
--------/===(o _ o)===\
--------\====( 0 )====/
----------_'-.._'='_..-'_
------/`;#'#'#.._..#'#'#;`\
------\_))####'#'####((_/
-------#.#CHUDNEY#.#
--------'#.########.#'
---------/ '#.###.#' \
--------_\ \'#.#.#'/ /_
------(((___) '#' (___)))

Anonymous said...

hey chud! u r fab....good luck with the resolutions.

Unknown said...

I hear you on decorating the space. I've been in serious nesting mode...maybe it's the cold weather, I don't know...

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney-nice pic. Have U thought about doing "Dancing with the Stars" next year? Your Mom could sing as well. That would be cool. How come your sis Tracy doesn't update her blog?

Anonymous said...

Chudney, how come you dont just use your family connections to get a jump on the hosting thing or whatever else it is you'd like to use an agent for?

I know if I was in your shoes I would at least use a LITTLE bit. Trust me, you don't realize what a huge enormous gift that is that your family has some connections (until you don't have anything like that -- like me). You shouldn't let it go to waste. If I was you, I'd be thanking my lucky stars and taking advantage of all the opportunities you can. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Chudney, you always write the most inspirational blog posts. I check your blog at least two to three times a week just to see if you wrote anything new, because you write interesting things! This blog made me feel especially good because you say that being normal and not always over the top is great. A couple of minutes ago I was feeling like "great, the beginning of a new year, and more drama and pain for me" because I don't have alot of money, and feel that my life is just slipping away, and I feel a bit like a loser. but after reading this I feel like why don't I try to make it a good year? I'm going to work more on my music, try to make more money, not be so cheap (LOL), and be happier. Thank again. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Francis!
Good luck.

Ehav Ever said...

I know for myself, the winter seems like my personal cryptonite in terms of my personal goals. Especially here in the desert where it gets really cold at night. I have decided in the next two weeks I want to spend some time getting back on track, not as much because of the new year, but because I feel like less of myself. I guess one of the first things is to get that Bowflex I have upstairs built and then see where life takes me. I also need to get back to the book I was writing.

Iris said...

Chudney,

Great resolutions. I wanted to offer some suggestions that have helped for me.

Less alcohol is GOOD. Try fuzzy navels to wean yourself. And water, water, water will keep you hydrated. Don't buy a bunch of exercise equipment, but use the "Earth gym". Meaning, go somewhere pretty and take a hike! Doesn't cost anything to join. Walk to the store. Use a rake instead of a leaf blower. Ride a REAL bike. The more gadgets we employ to make life "easier" the less reason our bodies have to be healthy and function normally. Remember when we had to get up to change the channel on the television?!

Cook more at home rather than spending all your money at restaurants. Instead of Big Mac, try spinach tortellini with a splash of balsamic vinegar and topped with Parmesan cheese. Tortellini can be bought already made, just have to boil them. Increase the quality of your food. If you must have sugar, then eat sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. Throw away the powdered coffee creamer and use half-n-half. Real food is always the best food.

Everything you want to do is not easy, but doable.

Anonymous said...

Hey that was a good read Chud. I stumbled on your site by accident and sense everybody is a fan of your mom I decided to take a look see. I'm glad I did and for now on whenever I have some down time I'll check out your site.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney
"It's time to say... I LOVE YOU...AND THAT"S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS!"

Ross is THE BOSS.

Anonymous said...

OMG--Reach out and Touch at the Kennedy Center Honors is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScsAt8vInA&feature=related

OMG...Chills...Chudney PLEASE ask your Mom to put Reach Out and Touch in her tour for 2008. Get a gospel choir. Take me now! Wow. Rhonda looked completely overwhelmed in the video.

Anonymous said...

We have here in Holland a saying "the grass is not greener on the other side of the hill"

Being yourself and happy is the best way in life.

Jim Hoogendorp

doug linton said...

Hey Chudney: You are an inspiration to people today. You are so smart, hard working, and disciplined. I really admire you. I think a lot of people could learn from your positive attitude. You are truly an inspiration. I wish you all the best!!!!