Wednesday, July 18, 2007

THE COFFEE BEAN


I’ve decided to start off this NEW blog with the most FABULOUS place of all (and the place I spend the most time)… THE COFFEE BEAN! For those of you not lucky enough to be in a state that has one of these coffee chains, (I believe California and Hawaii are the only ones), you are shit out of luck ☹ Sorry! This place is the epitome of FABULOUS.

THE COFFEE BEAN is so much more than your local coffee house (or Starbucks). Not only is it the place I get hopped up on Caffeine once (ok… sometimes twice a day), the Coffee Bean is an experience! I can sit on the outdoor patio for hours writing on my computer, reading a trashy magazine or chatting with random locals (and the occasional homeless passers-by). Maybe it has some thing to do with the weather (In LA the sun is always shining and even in the winter its warm enough to sit on the patio) or the nice people that fill the seats (Some may call LA fake, but I like the smiling of out-of-work actors staring back at me while sipping their caffeinated beverage of choice).

Now, I have to admit I usually don’t partake in the drip coffee (I prefer 7-11’s coffee with marshmallows), but the selection at the COFFEE BEAN is awesome. Most days I get an English Breakfast Tea latte (Piping hot tea, frothy skim milk and their special vanilla powder). If I’m feeling wild I may switch up the teas (vanilla tea, carnival matte, toffee roobios) or if it’s hot out I may go for an Ultimate Vanilla Ice Blended (A coffee milkshake type of deliciousness blended to perfection with chocolate covered coffee beans and that awesome vanilla powder). What ever your little heart desires, Coffee Bean will whip it up to perfection!

I gotta give a shout out to my favorite Coffee Bean locations. First place goes to Santa Monica on Main Street. This is my CHEERS (you know… where everybody knows your name) only they call me ROSS (Chudney is asking a lot of the nice girl behind the counter to type into the computer or scribble on my cup). They know my drink of choice and are always super chatty and fun. The locals that share the sunny bit of the patio are super cool and they brighten my every morning. Peanut even has a friend there (a very large dog named Cody).

Coming in a close second is the Sunset Boulevard location near Sunset Plaza. The best patio by far with the fire pit and heat lamps and sun hitting every corner! There are always gorgeous out-of-work actors and models writing screenplays (or staring at computer screens hoping to look smart and worthy of selling a screenplay). I too type away on my computer while keeping one eye peeled for my husband-to-be (or lover of the moment). I think it would be very romantic to fall in love over a tea latte on the patio of the Coffee Bean.

Third place goes to the Malibu location on Cross Creek. This Patio is huge and gets the most sun. At any given moment you may be sipping coffee (or tea) next to a sweatpants clad celebrity or a Pepperdine (college) Hottie. This Bean has one down fall. Once one of the employees was bad-mouthing my mom (not knowing who I was) and I called him out on it. Now he glares at me every time I come in and calls me “MS. ROSS” in a snide way (and he was the one being MEAN not me! I was standing up for the amazing woman who birthed me. Grrr… makes me mad again just thinking of it).

I want to give and honorable mention to the Waikiki location on Oahu, Hawaii. I only visited it once, but who doesn’t love a Coffee Bean on the beach! Aloha!

The Coffee Bean is a place of joy, a place of Caffeine and ultimately the most FABULOUS coffee shop in the world… Bold statement? I think NOT!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! I saw you and your family at the BET Awards and so many photos on different sites. A great looking group you guys are! Glad to know you will be writing again. Your blog was so much fun. Looking forward to July!

.. said...

Ms. Chudney Ross,
Haters will always do what they do best. You are beautiful and so is your family. Don't let people get you down. They are mad because they probably haven't reached anywhere in their lives. When you return please feel free to check out soulfreshmag.blogspot.com. We'd love to feature you in our August launch. Respectfully, with love always,
The ladies at soulFRESH.
Urban sophistication at its finest.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chudney:

I'm a fan of your mom's, and I stumbled across your website thru a fan site. I am sorry to hear that you have to surpress your freedom of expression because of your celebrity and because people are just clueless. But you know...you are not alone. I live in a town thats becoming too small. I've grown so...I've met so many people...I have a positve career and am networked fully. But with all of this...my freedom of expression or just freedom is somewhat limited. I watch were I go, what I say because I don't want it to hurt my job or relathionships. So I concluded that you should keep private things private; people shouldn't know everything because they judge or can't handle it. So...pick your confidants carefully and don't use the web because people aren't as accepting or mature as you think. This is just my take on things.

Joseph
Rochester, NY

Anonymous said...

Honey, ya'll were terrific! I was in-house for the BET Awards and then off to Qatar Arlines event with my charming and generous hubby. I was so very happy that your mother had some "Mommy Words" for the youngin's; they need to regroup and get back to dignity. So classy all of you were, and I am certain that your mother was quite proud of her brood onstage, first and foremost, as well as the honor.

Look forward to your next writings...

Best,

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Can HARDLY wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just read about you leaving your blog because of the "haters" out there in the world. Listen, haters just keep you up on your game to let you know that you are doing everything right! Some people were just born to hate because their not happy with themselves. Don't stop what you love and crave because someone can't keep their ugly opinions to themselves! DO U! They hate cuz your different, they hate cuz who your mother is, they hate cuz you can chill out and do what you do, they hate cuz they wish they were you....so forget them and in the infamous words of Jay-z "Get that dust off your shoulders"!

Taz
Brooklyn, NY

Unknown said...

Chudney Ross, you and your entire FAMILY are WONDERFUL... it was AWESOME to see you all look so FABULOUSLY on the BET Award show! Dismiss anyone who does NOT celebrate your journey. People who are busy transmitting negativity in the universe are grossly unhappy with their own existence and are simply Spiritual wastelands. Look to the rising sun from where all your greatness comes. Continue to be all you can be because the ONLY place for you and anyone in your family is the TOP. Thank you for having this terrific Website. We live vicariously through ALL the fantastic events that take place in your ABUNDANT life and that of your family. Everyone has the God given option to embrace opportunities and create their realities. Chudney you are doing a SPLENDID job at making sure that you live your life to the fullest. Our hats are off to you and E N J O Y yourself.

Peace and love doll.


Oz Angel

Anonymous said...

keep the blog up. who cares what other people say....




fave new blog: http://ohmeohmygoodness.blogspot.com/

Ms.Unique said...

Can't wait to see whats been up with you lately! How was your 4th of July? Lookin' good in some photos I've seen recently.

Peace
Unique

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read the new stuff....keep up the writing forget the haters

Ralph said...

Looking forward to your new blog. Great News!!! You and your family looked wonderful on the BET Award given to your wonderful mom. She deserved that award and more for all she's given to the music industry.

Anonymous said...

Chudney, it is not that people are haters. You have lived a life of blessings and it is your own words that say in one way or another that rather than take those blessings (contacts, financial security, education, etc..) and give back, share and help others less fortunate than you, you prefer to crave more than you have now which is more than most and have dillusional ideas of what life as a celebrity for no reason would be like. What makes you think that standing next to other famous people is going to bring you joy is where you will find the reason for your "haters." Therapy wont help you Chudney. Turn off the computer and tv, go to poor neighborhoods and volunteer DAILY to help others who need it badly. Write about that, meditate and know that the kindom of all you crave is within you. You WILL then become a better daughter, sister, friend and gain the title of mentor. Then, a good man (not a "good looking one") will come. Then financial stabiity will arrive in the way of you finally seeing once the greed veil is removed that you already are wealthy enough. Then, peace of heart and soul will be what you wake up with daily. Unless you make these changes, you are doomed for a sad life of eventual drugs, booze, meaningless sex where you will be used because you were the 3rd wheel in the celeb group at the club that night and - girl - this so is not something you cannot change RIGHT NOW. You are on the brink of a horrible life, or a beautiful one. But you better start "thinking" right now...go to Costa Rica for your own meditation time and come back, pack your bags and find a calm place to bond with your soul away from the lights and cameras that follow other people - they are not following you Chudney. This is not hate mail. This is from someone that saw you at a party once and could not help but feel so bad for you because of the desperation you had in your eyes looking for any man or woman that was attractive or famous to stand next too. We all felt bad for you; your lineage would mean you are to hold your head higher and not be so needy. So I hope you take this the right way. There is still time, and it would be beautiful to read an article on you one day that talks about how you change lives...not a blog that disses you on how desperate you have grown up to be.

Anonymous said...

I am patiently waiting for your next blog. I really enjoy your writing ("frugal fanny" ??!!) so cute. Do you have any short stories you are working on?
Take care and keep your blog going - your writing is adorable, your inner beauty truly shines through.
ciao

Anonymous said...

To anonymous of July 14th. Why kick a horse when it's down. She said she was no longer blogging. Some things are better left unsaid. You have taken a lot of liberties in you're response; "you are doomed for a sad life of eventual drugs, booze, meaningless sex where you will be used," what a stretch. Relax.

Unknown said...

I hate Coffe but you make it sound so good!lol

~Screamstarr

Anonymous said...

All the haters are ridiculous. July 14th/Anonymous, is talking about seeing you at a party and feeling bad for you?... I'd say more like feelings of jealousy. Why else are they reading your blog? They care about you, probably want to be you or at least wish they were a friend of yours. If anyone doesnt like the blog, don't read it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney! I can smell the coffee now! I love hazelnut or french vanilla depending on the "go withs" Glad you're back to the blog. Good thing defending your Mom. People must be able to keep the artist and the person seperate. Loved that silvery dress you had on the other night. You are quite a fashion diva!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Why dont you come over to Europe. Our flavours off differant coffee and tea are lovely. Well i have never been to LA before, i guess it is a sunny state, hahaha. Well i was in New York city, gives you an inside in how everybody has got their menopauze on the last minute, quite funky crowed i must say, and that for a first timer, guess loosing your first timer when visiting the city is also quite fun. So how is life with you these days Chud, things going ok.

Rage

Theo the Thinker said...

Your new blog direction is much better. The vibration is harmonious. Steady as she goes.

Peace

Unknown said...

So happy to see you started up on your blog again Chudney! I enjoy your writing and fun stories about the LA scene.

Ashley, NYC

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, darling!

Anonymous said...

You are so fine but that picture in front of the coffe bean has to go.Can you please put up another.I beg of you.

Kelly said...

That's jacked up that the dude at the coffee Bean was talking smack about your mom. I know one thing, if I heard somebody talking crap about my mom, I'd be pissin' fire! (I've never said that expression before in my life, until now!! LOL) So I could imagine how that makes you feel. I'm sorry to hear that. Haters hate, that's what they do.