Sunday, April 1, 2007

Los Angeles, CA


Kim K and her sisters Kourtney and Kloe own a high-end boutique called DASH in Calabasas, CA. They asked me and some other fabulous friends to be a part of a fashion show and event to promote and publicize the store. I love to strut my stuff on the runway and I love Kim, Kourtney and Kloe… so of course I said yes.

Saturday morning, I woke feeling great (still buzzing from the fun of fashion week) but my good mood subsided when I slammed into a flower delivery truck that stopped short on the Pacific Coast Highway (Not my fault, but Cali state law says that I’m to blame since I hit him from behind. Boo Hiss!) With me car having to be towed, my relaxing Saturday morning turned into a scramble (dealing with AAA, insurance, my worried mom and renting a car… I got a sweet Mini Cooper at a great rate, so at least I’m still driving in style ;)

Even with all the craziness, I managed to make it to the fashion show in time, hop into the makeup chair (where my eyes got a sexy, smoky look) and then hair (where my straight hair was transformed into a cascade of curls).

We hung out, sipped champagne as the tents filled and the crowd eagerly awaited the show to begin. I made friends with the other models who where all Kim’s friends: Brittney Gastineau (From the E! show Gastineau Girls. She is tall and striking in person with the most amazingly long, thick hair. Jealous!), Caroline D’amore (A model / DJ who I always thought would be a bitch from the way she struts her stuff on the runway, but turns out is the cutest, sweetest thing ever ;), Rachel Sterling (friend of Caroline and an actress I think, but I don’t recognize her from anything), Courtney Semel (The bitch of Rich Kids Cattle Drive on E! though NOT a bitch at all in person. She is smart and super fun). Also walking in the show were my friends Samantha (who had moved to New York, but is back for the time being) and Tasha Gates (a tall gorgeous gal from OC that I met walking in a fashion show over a year ago and our friendship is still growing strong. Models are not all about hair pulling and catfights, you know ;).

The show went off with out a hitch (No one tripped or fell off the tiny little runway or exposed any private areas). All the girls looked hot strutting their stuff on the runway and backstage we had so much fun as we changed into our different looks (I wore the two most amazing dresses by Alice and Olivia. I’m totally gonna buy them), practiced our poses, laughed and acted silly (what I do best!!)

Thanks DASH for having me be a part of your event! So fun! Love you girls ;)

4 comments:

Dina said...

The new format looks great.. Loves it!! :)

Anonymous said...

The DASH show was awesome. You were all great in it.

Anonymous said...

oh my you look just like diana and tracey great blog looks like you have an exciting life

Unknown said...

Love you Chudney! I am your family's biggest fan! just speadin' some love! Keep up the blog I love it.