Sunday, January 14, 2007

Los Angeles, CA






Something funny I found online that I will use as my guide in my quest to be a SOCIALITE / CELEBUTANTE ☺






How to Become a Socialite
(Everyone loves to hate them, but would kill to be one)

Steps

1 Become terribly fashionable and stylish. Buy designer clothes, and don't be afraid of ridiculously high prices. (When I start making more money with my budding hosting / writing career, I will buy and adorn myself with designer duds… till then I delight in a purchase from forever 21, H&M and anywhere on Melrose that I can get a good deal)

2 Be gorgeous. People will be envious of you, but will also want to be with you. This might also be expensive, but like a true socialite, act as if money is no object. (I got the gorgeous part… HA! But I guess I have to work on the money as no object part ;)

3 Party. Have them, host them, plan them, throw them, and attend them. Make yourself a necessary element to a successful party so you'll always snag an invite. But please, be tasteful. (I love a good party! I love to plan them, throw them and even better go to the fabulous ones. Now lets get the invitations rolling! Invite me to your party and I’ll show you why I’m the necessary element!)

4 Create a catch phrase and a 'fab' vocabulary. Saying, "You look so devastating" (a la Bergdorf Blonde's) is much better than saying "Wow, you look incredible" (Hmm… Good to know! I’ll start working on a catch phrase.)

5 Spend time at a hotel. Just get a room for the night, invite a few friends over. Claim you were just going crazy and needed a vacation. This will seem incredibly Upper East Side. (I love hotels! Chateau Marmot here I come :)

6 Have fun, and don't forget a few socialite tantrums! (I always have fun! I’m a pleasure seeker first and for most...)

Looks like I’m well on my way to claiming the Socialite life ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST !!! :)