Sunday, January 21, 2007

Los Angeles, CA


My friend Samantha is moving to
New York City and so...

One last ladies night on the town!!!
The ladies – Kim, Sam and I.

We start at Bella on Hollywood Blvd. (a hotspot, which draws in a mellow in-crowd and where I can usually get a seat :) After finagling a couple seats at the bar, we order a couple cocktails (Kim- Bacardi and Diet, Sam- Stoli Blueberry and soda and for me a glass of white wine) and some food (The Italian cuisine here is to die for). Though I’m supposed to be on my New York fashion week diet, I go for the eggplant Parmesan. Oh… delicious! After we are good and full, we roll out the door, which I hold for Sharon Stone. She looks amazing and so does the gorgeous, young guy on her arm. (If I dated a man that much younger than me… he would be in elementary school ;)

My car arrives at valet and I give him the last of my cash, $9.00 (yes, I circled for about a half an hour looking for street parking first. I usually am pretty good with parking karma, but not this time). We head down Hollywood to sunset then down the super steep incline of La Cienega (which scares Kim to death thinking that the car is going to flip over) towards AREA, a hot nightclub of the moment. Luckily, the parking fairy is on my side this time and I squeeze (I’m an awesome parallel parker) into a spot on a side street.

Maybe its not so cool to stroll up to a club in LA, but when you’re a frugal fanny like myself and you just found a sweet (free) parking space two blocks away, its seems like a good option (minus the fact that my feet are killing me in these super high heels as we hike to the club).

As we turn around the fence, our giddy, happy moods disintegrate at the sight of… JEN! Brent (King of LA promoters) Bolthouse’s door girl from HELL is manning the door. There have been TOO MANY nights in the past that she has looked right past me and grabbed girls out of line behind me, told me NO, ignored me, made me feel ugly, un-cool and like the geek I was in High School. It’s terrible for the ego and yet every time I vow this time will be different, this time we will totally get in.

Sam doesn’t want to even try, but Kim and I persuade her and we push through the crowd, try to look sexy, wave and lie that we are on the list (we know that she’s holding a blank piece of paper anyway!)

With Jen, the wicked witch of the West, at the door, if you aren’t a celebrity or a “somebody” or passing her big bucks, you are NOT going in anytime soon ☹ SO, as our egos once again drown us and our moods crash, we know that just like that… the night is over.

Safe Travels SAM!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys get in???

CHUDNEY ROSS said...

Sadly, No we didnt get in this time. Sometimes we do, but not this time :(

Unknown said...

Omg I know!!! Jen is SO the wicked witch of the west!! Hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

It just seems like you try soo hard to be someone that you're not. Why don't you get noticed for being yourself. JUST BE YOURSELF. You're unique, you're smart! Keep writting, keep doing things that intrest you and get noticed for it.

I used to be SUCH a geek in elementry school no friends no nothing! As I got older, into middle school and highschool I jus told myself you know what Im just going to be ME and make friends that like ME! Im a very outspoken young lady and I know what I want and don't want and it has earned me a lot of really good friends and I've met some amazing people because of it.

Just relax Chudney you're still young! Don't try so hard!