Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MEET MORE READERS

I am happy to introduce a couple more of my blog readers! Vicky and Vanessa both read my blog and chat with me often. I am happy to have so many awesome readers and stay tuned because I still have many more questions and a couple more readers profiles! Thanks for reading! Ooo… and don’t forget to follow me on twitter @ChudneyLRoss!

Reader Profile: Vicky Foulks

I am sorry this has taken my sometime to get to. I know Mark had this great idea a few months ago, in fact before your mother’s tour, which I was very fortunate to be able to attend the show at the Nokia in L.A. and the show at Humphrey's Jazz Concerts By The Sea in San Diego. It was so special and so much fun!!

One day, I was searching for Diana Ross concerts because I wanted to attend one in 2007 and I came across your blog. I read your posts and was quite impressed with what I read. You are such a wonderful writer and it got my attention. One thing about me… if I do not like what I read or it does not get my attention, I will not look for it again. I found you to be very open, honest, down to earth, and not spoiled… all the qualities I look for in a friend. I also admired your ability to work with young children and wanting to give back and help in the community.

I work in the criminal justice system in California as a probation officer. I work with all the at-risk children and all the cultures, which are unique in themselves. I have to teach classes that help people learn life skills. I have an outgoing personality and believe each and every one of us had a gift inside that we need to use to help others or reach out to others. My friends would describe me as assertive, professional, hard working and easy to talk to. I am also told I can be the life of the party. I think I have learned over the years to be able to talk to people and relate to all types of people as that it my job. I know I have helped a lot of people over the years and many contact me later to thank me for believing in them. I think happiness comes from having made a difference in people's lives and being productive. In other words having goals and accomplishing them. You have to always have goals and once you finish one you set more and keep on going.

If I won the lottery (of course you have to play to win) I would help all the people I know in my family and friends that need help in this economy. My proudest moment is when I became a runner and fitness buff and competed in body building contests. I was extremely fit and have continued working out 5 to 6 days a week. Of course, I am not in the fitness level I was 10 years ago. I now do what I like to do spinning 3 days a week, hiking in the canyons in California, and weight training.

My favorite Diana Ross song… Oh, there are so many. I grew up in Chicago over the lake from Detroit. Motown was a fabric of my life as I was about 10 years old when I watched The Supremes on the ED Sullivan Show. I love all the oldies, Baby Love, Where Did Our Love Go, Stop In The Name Of Love, Come See About Me. Then, I love The Boss and Ain't No Mountain High Enough. She is my all time favorite singer and I know where you got your down to earth personality. I think your mom is very warm, caring and genuine, which is the way my friends describe me. I think it is from the mid-west people in general are like that.

I love to travel so when life gets to crazy I go to Cabo San Lucas to my timeshare and just relax. Thank you Chudney for giving me the opportunity to meet you and I really appreciate all you do for the at-risk children and the charity work you do. We need all the help we can get. I work in the Inland Empire Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga. I look forward to reading the comments from other's and yourself.


Reader Profile: Vanessa Brockington

Chudney, you are a great inspiration to me and to us all. I was reading your blog’s for a while now. I came across your blog a few months ago surfing the net. You may not know it, but your words of wisdom are very encouraging to me, but I was too shy to respond to them. I think you remember me from twitter as vanessab28. I just love reading everyone else profiles they are all great. Here is mine…

My name is Vanessa and I was born July 18, which makes me a cancer. I’m from Florida. I love autumn, because it’s not so hot or cold. I grew up in a Christian home. I love God, but we were never crazy religious. That’s a very good thing, considering, my mother is the pastor. Lol. My proudest moments are the little things like…My mother raises me to love everybody. We would have every ethnicity of kids in the neighborhood hanging out in our home. No matter if they were Caucasian American, African American, Latin American, Purple, Blue or Green. We loved them and they loved us. My shyness always was the talk in school or with family members. I guess I got it from my mother because my father is a chatterbox. One thing good came out of my shyness is my friends say, I’m a good listener. They also talked about how skinny I was. It hurt because I couldn’t help the way I was built. The happiest moment in my life is… my writing and being with family. I’m inspiring writer, like my late grandmother, Author Ruth Chandler. As of right now, I have a couple different writing projects that I’ve started.

I love the color black. All my friends and I would always walk around in black shirts and jeans. I look great in black. I am a rocker. I grew up on artists like Tina Turner and Bon Jovi. I’m a sucker for a good western show, like The Big Valley. It’s family thing, again. I love Xena Warrior Princess (She kicks ass). I also love football. Go Colts! But, I also had some kind of imagination growing up. I thought the number on back there shirt was how much the football players weighed. I had a huge crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas. I wanted to marry Michael Jackson. I thought I was Tina Turner and Diana Ross and I wanted to fly with Christopher Reeve (Superman). Crazy huh? Yep, thank god I grew out of it. Lol

I really love traveling cruise style, which is something Chudney and I have in common. We must cruise together Chudney, kidding! Anyways, I’ve cruise to few different parts of the world. I love cruising. I try to cruise every year if I have the time to do it. I’ve been to Nassau, Bahamas, Cozumel, Mexico. So, Italy and London your next… If anything were possible? I would fly. I have a huge fear of flying in planes. I had this fear since I was little. To this day, I don’t fly. One day, I’ll get the courage and do it though.

Favorite Food: Baked Fish and Garden Salad.

Favorite Diana Ross song: Reach out and Touch (Somebody’s Hand), Amazing Grace (I‘ve heard so many people sang this song but, Diana sing’s it with such passion and feeling I cry every time she sing it.) And Chain Reaction (love the video)

If anybody wants to know where I am online, my twitter is… www.twitter.com/vanessab28

10 comments:

Gene S. said...

Hi Vicky,Loved learning a little more about you, being one of my newest and nicest friend. I must say, I couldn't agree more with your description of yourself. It was a real treat meeting up with you in San Diego. It was so nice talking with you, even though it was to brief Hopefully next time we can have a really long good chat. Take care! Gene

Iris said...

Isn't it wonderful how a love of Diana Ross has brought so many interesting people together!

Vicky said...

Thank you Chudney for posting my comments and about me. I have met many really great people because of you and your mother.Like Iris said the love of DIana Ross brings us all together. I found you by searching for a concert of hers to attend in 2007. I thank you for all you do. You are a great inspiration to me and other's. Your latest business Book's and Cookie's is just a fine example of your exceptional ability to share your knowledge to the world. It is a real pleasure knowing someone who is such a inspiration to the youth in our society. Take care and will talk to you soon! Vicky

Becca said...

I *LOVE* reading these profiles!! Nice to "meet" you all. Keep on blogging, Chudney :-)

--Becca

Artur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
novianto said...

Good blogs and nice a moment.Good luck...

Mark said...

Hey Chudney,

Thanks for sharing these great reader profiles with us!! I really enjoyed reading them.

I would like to give a shout to my good friend, Vicky!! I really enjoyed reading your profile! You did a great job with it, and thanks for sharing it with all of us! You are such a great friend!!

I would also like to give a shout out to my new friend, Vanessa! Thanks for sharing your profile with us! I enjoyed reading it.

Chudney, hope all is well with you!! I am sure that you are very busy right now working on opening Books and Cookies. This is so exciting, and I am so happy for you!! It is really going to be a fabulous place enjoyed by many children and their families!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us all of the time!! Keep up the great work, and thanks for all that you do here on this blog and everywhere!! It is such an honor to say that I know you!

Best wishes to you,

Mark :)

Ebony and Ivory said...

Hi Chudney--Did you watch Brandy (Double Platinum/"Love is All that Matters" )on Dancing with the Stars? When is a Ross family member going to join DWTS?

You should do DWTS Chudney or Tracee should do it. Mom can do a song or do a dance like Florence Henderson. What 'cha think?

Hugs...

Sharon Jacobucci said...

Such a pleasure reading about Vicky and Vanessa on your blog. I talk to Vicky on Facebook all the time.. We talked about going to see your mom in concert next month but because of my hectic film schedule I can't make plans to go... :( You'll both have to celebrate the love without me... lol I'll be there in spirit.. Just reach out, I'll be there....

Chudney, you have the most fascinating people surrounding your gorgeous life... So many endless blessings... My TV show and your book store.. Told you 2010 would be our year.. I knew it. Looking forward to the next blog...

amera said...

Dear Chudney;

It has been quite sometime...
since I last signed on...
must say I have been busy...
so much going on...

I am thrilled to see you are busy ...
opening up your own book store...
all that hard work you are doing...
will pay off before you know...

getting to know all the readers...
has been interesting as well...
so many FABULOUS people...
as far as I can tell...

keep doing what you do Chudney...
I truly cannot wait...
to come and see the fruits of you labour...
when I am next in L.A....

ALL THE BEST TO YOU...
and all the readers..
regards
amera