Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ONLINE SHOPPING

Right now, I’m obsessed with online shopping daily deals. I’ve never been a big online shopper, because you never really know what your gonna get or whether it’s gonna fit you like a glove, however this new invention of the daily deal has caught me and it won’t let go.


My passion for the daily deal started with an iphone application called Groupon (check it out at: www.groupon.com). Everyday when you clicked on the icon you got the secret in on a great deal (from 50% - 90% off) on great stuff in your area. I jumped right in and bought two Korean body scrubs for $30 each at the new Tikkun Holistic Spa in Santa Monica, which my friend Sam and I used for a ladies night out. Next, I bought two tickets for $15 each to Mulligan’s Family Fun Center in Torrance where Joshua and I rode go carts, played video games, hit ball in the batting cages and played mini-golf. Recently, I got wine tasting for two including a free bottle of wine at Malibu Wines (I love myself some wine) and $20 dinner for only $10 at Little Ethiopian Restaurant on Fairfax (and you know I love Ethiopian food)! I love that Groupon has introduced me to new spots in my area for discounted prices. Thanks for broadening my horizons, Groupon!


Another one to check out:

www.LivingSocial.com

I’ve seen a bunch of awesome deals, but I have yet to buy any here!


For fashion, there are lots of great daily deal sites, too. My favorite (and the only one I have made purchases from yet) is www.ideeli.com. They send you an email every morning with deals from different high-end fashion companies. You only have 24 hours to buy and they sell out so if you see something you like you have to jump on it and get it. My only issue with this way of shopping is that there are no returns, but you can’t go wrong with a tassle-y purse form Linea Pelle, which was my first purchase from ideeli. They also have great men’s and kid’s deals and recently, they’ve been doing some travel and hotel deals. This site is a MUST if you love to shop!


Other sites to check out:

www.hautecouture.com

Haute Couture allows returns and even wait lists on wanted items! It’s a little more expensive than ideeli, but awesome high-end designers that I would never be able to buy at full price!


www.Swirl.com

This site is the spawn of www.DailyCandy.com, which is one of my favorite websites! Daily Candy keeps you in the know of what to do, where to eat and where to shop in your area and Swirl has great daily deals!


www.renttherunway.com

This is an awesome idea! Just like celebs borrow designer duds you can too – well, for a fee. They have an amazing selection of dresses to borrow for your prom, special event, friend’s wedding or night on the town. It’s not that cheap, but these dresses are to die for and you know the rule of celebs – Never be photographed in an outfit twice!


Now, get out there and start shopping! Love it :)

9 comments:

Mark said...

Hey Chudney & Everyone,

Thanks for sharing all of these great "Online Shopping" tips with us!! You are always so informative and full of knowledge.

I usually order from Amazon.com, but I have ordered from many other online retailers in the past. I usually like to order books, CDs, and DVDs most of the time (you are probably not surprised by this with my strong interest in music). It is always a cool experience when I complete my order online and then packages arrive at my door in just a few days. Online shopping is so much fun!!

Thanks again for sharing these tips with us! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!! I am so sad to see it end :( ! It went by too quickly, but it was a nice summer here on the East Coast. As you know, it was very, very hot here, but it was great weather for pools, beaches, etc. (all of the fun things that we do in the summer). Last year it was cold and rainy the entire summer and wasn't that much fun. I certainly can't complain about the weather this year. I hope that your summer was also great on the West Coast!!

Best wishes,

Mark :)

P.S. Please send Evan a "Happy Birthday" for me!! Birthdays are the best, and I hope that he has a great day!!

Ebony and Ivory said...

Hi Chudney and Mark,
It's greaat to shop on line and avoid those pesky crowds. BTW...I saw Evan's birthday bash at Voyeur on You Tube. Then I saw a video of Evan smoking! Oh no....please tell him not to smoke. (That's the doctor part of me). Regards

Andrew said...

The material world is a great distraction. I like when we talk about love, compassion, and generosity. I personally do love online shopping. Thanks for Daily Candy. I plan to go to Recess in West Hollywood for a mani/pedi and Sweet Rose Creamery at the Brentwood Country Mart when I visit my friend Julie in Beverly Hills. I live in LA but in the southeast part of town. Not sophisticated, chic like my favorite part of town the westside.

Freddie said...

My favorite place for on-line shopping is Amazon.com. I was never a shopper, hate it as a matter of fact. But on-line shopping is a different deal. No dealing with the attitudes of the personnel and no lugging heavy packages. No car so it is heaven sent. Foods, clothes, shoes, whatever. Yup On-Line is the best!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing the tips. I usually buy CDs or DVDs online. I just love going to different online stores looking for them.

Sharon Jacobucci said...

More fabulous tips from you.. I can always count on you to find deals. Add your children's book store to that list to make it complete and I'm set for shopping and splurging on my kids. My boys are going to love you and your book store.. You must meet my mini men.. lol Maybe you can have Peanut running around.. hint. hint.

I will download apps on my new Iphone shortly. God blessed me the day I met you online and on the streets of my working beat. Plus he kept the blessings going by keeping your store close to work and giving me a second job on the same dang location. We're blessed, Chudney.

Anonymous said...

I am actually a big fan of yours and sorry that you blocked me on twitter and sent me a blocked message :-( sorry it came out bad like that IM happy to be stuck with you and have been reading your blogs for quite some time sorry it came out like that (just a comedian at heart)
-your BIGGEST FAN
KRIS K

Andrew said...

Someone mentioned Peanuts. How are both Peanuts and Brody doing? Love to all from my Pugs Bunny, Bambi, Burt and Bella. Andrew

Ebony and Ivory said...

Hi Chudney (and Mark!)--hope your day was a good on today. I'm havin' a Diana moment tonight watching You Tube videos of your incredible mother. OK....I loved Take Me Higher in LA. I really want to hear Dirty Looks and Chain Reaction LIVE in concert at the next show. If not in USA, then hopefully in Europe. I'll fly over to London if I have to to hear these 2 songs live.
Hugs,
XXOO :)