Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MEET MORE READERS

Meet Rebecca Reed:

I have been reading your blog for quite some time, but never submitted any comments until recently. I initially stumbled upon it when I saw pictures of you at a fashion show and became interested in what you were up to. Like many readers, I have been a lifelong fan of your mom (I turned 39 this year) and have seen you and your family in the spotlight for as long as I can remember. I come back to your blog each week simply to have a few precious moments of "me time." It is nice to read a light, yet upbeat and meaningful blog.

I am a pediatrician in private practice in New Jersey. I love my job. I cannot imagine doing anything else with my life. I have wanted to be a physician since I was in the third grade. I never changed my mind and never looked back. My friends would describe me as loyal, hardworking, FUN, and okay, at times stubborn. I am an Aquarian who LOVES to travel. I have been fortunate to have traveled to many places but still have yet to go to Africa, which I plan on doing someday. I spend a lot of time in NYC as it is just a short train ride away. If money was no object I would love to open a clinic in nearby Camden, NJ and provide free healthcare to children in need. For now, I continue to volunteer my services whenever possible. I *love* Italian food and warm weather!! Heatwave?? Bring it on! It doesn't take much to make me happy. Honestly a quiet Sunday afternoon with some good take-out food and a movie on Lifetime TV and I am perfectly content. My favorite color is green.

My favorite Diana Ross song is "Do You Know" from Mahogany. When I travel to Italy I like to envision the part of the movie when your mom travels to Rome and that song plays in the back. I love the words and play it frequently. Of course, there are many others that I love as well. Your mom's music has gotten me through many endless nights in medical school and during residency when we were still working 36 hour shifts I would often pop in a CD in the middle of the night if I knew sleep was not an option. Her music always kept me going. I have told you before that being able to dance with your mom on stage when I was 19 was one of the greatest days in my life. Not many are able to say they got to dance with their childhood idol. Would you believe I even wrote my term paper on your mom in the 9th grade??? It got an A!!

Well, I'm signing off now. I am glad to have read so many profiles. Keep them, and the blog, coming!!

Meet Ruth:

I see you've come towards the end of your reader profiles. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know some of your regular readers and have to say your blog room is a wonderful meeting place for what I consider to be a real nice bunch of folk :) All down to your creative blogs! By now, I'm sure you realize just how special every blog is and how much appreciated each one is.

I first stumbled across your blog just at the time you were changing your writing style. Similar to Sharon I was disgusted with some of the negative comments you were receiving and took it upon myself to become involved in offering more supportive comments. I was particularly drawn to your warm, fun, intelligent and diverse topics. I love your travel blogs. My line of work is with the airlines and I have been flying on the long haul routes worldwide for twenty years now. So any travel related topics always catch my eye.

I live in the west coast of Scotland in a small tourist area, which I adore. It means a long working day however as I am based in London and therefore have quite a commute to and from work. An average working day will have me on the go 28 to 32 hours. Tiring indeed. So, whether it's 9am at home with my morning coffee, or 10pm local time in Washington en route to bed, or 3pm in Starbucks coffee shop in Singapore getting out of the heat, I'm reading your blogs and your reader's comments. It's my little "home from home" comfort meeting place and I encourage everyone to stop by more often :) At the moment a little health hiccup is keeping me off my work so I'm certainly catching up on a "normal" routine in life. Something rather alien to me. I've now been off flying duties for a month and am getting quite restless I have to say.... so perhaps you can help out Chudney with any travel blogs?!

What's important in my life? My friends and family. What would anything mean without our loved ones. I come from quite a large family and my friends have been with me throughout... I consider myself very lucky to have such good people around me. Spending time outdoors.... walking, cycling, sailing when I'm lucky to get the chance. Because of my job and constantly living out of a suitcase I also appreciate time indoors at home.... even if it's doing chores! Being at HOME is never taken for granted. Cooking/baking.... good movies and wine.... and time with Wesley {my significant other half :) }... all fit the bill.

I have to give a shout out too to those friends I have made both via your mum Chudney, and also through your from this blog spot. There's lots of good people here.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Thanx for posting my profile Chudney! I enjoy reading about everyone. Have a great weekend everyone!

--Becca

Vanessa said...

I really enjoy reading your profile Becca.

Vicky said...

It is always great reading the profiles of the people who follow your blog. Everyone is very interesting! Thanks for doing what you do with your blog! You are very talented Chudney!! I am now following you on Twitter too! Vicky

Anonymous said...

I like say to all the others readers is that I like their profiles and nice to meet them all Lena. Hi Chudney how is the business coming I haven't heard from u in a while.

Mark said...

Hey Chudney,

Thanks for sharing more "Reader profiles" with us!! I really enjoyed reading them.

Ruth, thanks for sharing your fabulous profile with us!! It looks like you lead a very busy, yet exciting life traveling from place to place all of the time! That is very cool. I hope that you feel better soon! I send my best wishes to you.

Becca, welcome to our (Chudney's) chat room! It is nice that you have been reading for some time, and it is great that you have decided to become a part of our discussions here! Thanks for sharing your profile with us. It is wonderful that you are a pediatrician and do so many great things for children! I am happy that you were able to "Go for Your Dreams"!! It is really cool that you are from NJ, too. I saw your comment a few weeks ago, and yes, I would like to become friends with you on Facebook. I am also friends with a lot of the other readers here on MySpace, Facebook, and now Twitter (thanks to Chudney!). Here is my Facebook profile if you would like to send a friend request:

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=374654685883&share_id=100106203367174&comments=1#!/profile.php?id=1349085564&ref=profile

Thanks again, Chudney, for sharing these fabulous profiles with us! Hope all is well with you and that you have been having a great summer!

Best wishes to you,

Mark :)

Sharon Jacobucci said...

Readers profile are so dang interesting. I love you and your blogs, Chudney.


Huge hugs to all my new friend's from Chudney. :D

Gene S. said...

Hi Ruth!
Just finished reading your post and loving and word. everyone, Ruth is truly one of the rare breed, that just bring joy to any room she enter. She has only the nicest things to say about anyone or anything. Never seem her without her "Million dollar", smile. Chudney, we had the most FABULOUS time in Arhem, Amsterdam at your mother's Concert. And you know what? Ruth even managed to make the evening news there, giving her two thumbs up for her concerts! She is what you call, pure joy! I love you Ruth. Give your sister, Carol,Laura, Lynn and the baby of our little clan, Miss Sarah, My love. Take care-Gene