Wednesday, July 28, 2010

INTRODUCING BOOKS AND COOKIES

Sorry for the delay in posts. Lots of exciting things have been going on with the business that I have been working diligently on. Introducing BOOKS AND COOKIES!


BOOKS AND COOKIES is a new Children’s Bookstore / Bakery due to begin operations in October 2010 in Santa Monica, California.


BOOKS AND COOKIES is an enchanting blend of literature, learning activities and sweet treats. We will sell a wonderful selection of books for children of all ages as well as a delicious array of freshly baked cookies, snacks, milk, juices and water. For grownups, we will also serve organic coffees and teas.


BOOKS AND COOKIES is a safe and relaxing environment for kids and families with the desire to bring the wonder and excitement back to reading and away from television and video games. The space is completely kid friendly with plenty of comfortable areas to sprawl out and get lost in the pages of a book. Story-time and other reading, musical and baking activities will foster learning and family interaction.


BOOKS AND COOKIES will offer a great space for children’s birthday parties. From baking and storytelling to music and ballet parties, BOOKS AND COOKIES will offer full service party planning.


Gift baskets and specialty products, such as branded t-shirts, mugs, aprons and bookmarks will sold at the retail location as well as online at www.booksandcookiesLA.com.


There is currently no other retail space such as BOOKS AND COOKIES that is dedicated to creating a safe environment for children while promoting literacy and family interaction. Our goal is to fill that void starting in Santa Monica, CA and in the future, nationwide.


By teaming up with charities such as Children Mending Hearts and Ready to Learn, BOOKS AND COOKIES pledges to be a positive force in giving back to the community.


For more information, check us out online.

www.BooksandCookiesLA.com

On Twitter @BooksandCookies and on Facebook

14 comments:

Freddie said...

The best for your newest venture! I hope it all goes well and it becomes sucessful beyond your wildest dreams! GOOD LUCK!

Becca said...

Wonderful!!! Let me know when you are ready to expand to the East Coast . . . have tons of little patients who would LOVE a place like this. Good Luck :-)

Andrew said...

I could not have said it better than Freddie. I will spread the word.
Andrew

Vicky Foulks said...

This is so awesome!! I have been recieving posts of facebook for two weeks about this! I thought it was really cool when I first saw the post. Now that I know it is you who is behind this concept I know it will be fantastic! I work with at risk children and low achievers. What is definately missing in this world today is kids learning to read and have a interest in something other than video games. I sure hope you can make a impact on this and help kids have a desire to read again. If you ever need help I would be interested when I retire. You will do well especially in that area. Best of Luck!!

Mark said...

Dear Chudney,

CONGRATULATIONS on BOOKS AND COOKIES!!!!!!!! I am really very happy for you, and I wish you the best of luck and success with your new business!!!! It is going to be fabulous!! I know that you have put a tremendous amount of research and work into this project over the past year as I have been following your progress on Facebook, and now all of your hard work has paid off!! I can see your business growing into a nationwide (and beyond) empire or franchise with locations all across the country!! This is a great idea and will help serve our young and communities. This concept fits in perfectly with who you are - a writer (author), a person that enjoys working with children and charities, an educator, a businesswoman, a very creative person, a host, an English and fine arts major in college, an avid reader, and most of all - a person who cares about our world and others. Again, I am so happy for you, and I wish you the BEST with your new business venture! You deserve it! This is such exciting news! Thank you for sharing it with us and thanks again for all that you do!

Best wishes,

Mark :)

Q said...

Don't forget Bermuda :)

Chudney, I salute you for not only having a vision but bringing your vision to full manifestation. I know the children will not only have fun but those that struggle in school will start to soar because learning will be done through fun and relaxation . Sometimes, that all it takes. Forget the desk and chair bring on the BOOKS AND COOKIES

Well Done
Q

amera said...

Dear Chudney...

BOOKS AND COOKIES...WISHING YOU EVERY SUCCESS...BOOKS AND COOKIES...ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Sincerely
amera

Rosser Ruth! lol said...

Do you have to be a kid to hang out there ? :(((((....I love books 'n cookies lol!

Fabulous concept.....no doubts it'll succeed :)))
All the best for this Chudney, sincerely.

xxx

Tess said...

Congratulations on your new venture and may you have plenty of success!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chudney this is very good idea and do it as a store is even better, kids here in Iceland are too much in computer games and sitting front of the television. They are so little outside or reading something useful.

Good luck in the future I might look for this place when I come next to LA.

Best regards Kristin

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! Chudney,I hope you many blessing and success on Books and Cookies.

Sharon Jacobucci said...

I am so excited to hear this extraordinary news. My boys will love your new space. Congrats, Chudney.. You so deserve it. Keep me informed. I will be there supporting you. You're going to be the best mommie in the world someday. You have the heart of an angel. Keep sharing your beautiful blessings with the world.

I can't wait.. My boys are thrilled by this news.. I can even drive from my spot at the beach for warm cookies and cool milk.. Count my entire family in.

Anonymous said...

Books and Cookies what a unique name for a business. I hope it become the biggest company in the world. I hope we get a chance here in Georgia to experience Books and Cookies I would love to have a place like that for my kids to go to. Take into consideration Chudney. I hope all is well with the family. Signing out Lena!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chudney. A wonderful idea. I hope you eventually take it countrywide and global...selectively of course.