Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CATALINA


Guess what? I’ve met a guy… a sweet, funny and extremely handsome man who treats me like a princess. It’s still new, but this weekend we went to CATALINA. He whisked me off for a romantic weekend and the trip was FABULOUS!

CATALINA is just an hour and half from Marina Del Rey by ferry. Saturday morning, we took the 9:15am and arrived in the town of Avalon with a whole, fun filled day ahead of us. We couldn’t check into the hotel till 3:00pm, so we rented a golf cart and toured the island. We took a scenic drive through the mountains and snapped pictures at every turn. The view of the ocean was spectacular. Who knew this treasure was so close to LA? I instantly felt like I was on vacation.

We ate lunch over looking the harbor at a spot called Busy Bee (just like me), then checked into the Hotel Metropole. It’s still off-season, so we got a great deal on a garden view room with a fireplace. Once we were all settled, we made our way down to Descanso Beach where we sipped beers while laying in the sand. The weather was less then perfect, but we made the most of it. We finished the afternoon with a dip in the hotel’s rooftop Jacuzzi.

That evening, I got all dolled up and we hit the town. We ate the most delicious dinner at Steve’s Steak House (I ordered a juicy steak and he got fish), then we hit El Galleon bar for karaoke. I sang two songs (I Will Survive and Let’s Hear It For The Boy), while he cheered me on. We finished the fun filled night by getting our groove on at the very cheesy Chi Chi Club.

We were supposed to leave Sunday afternoon, but there was so much more we wanted to do. We made a deal that if we woke to clear blue skies, we would stay another day (and deal with the consequences at work). Sure enough, when we opened the shades, the sun was shining and the skies where clear! The hotel had to move us to a different room, which was even better with a Jacuzzi tub, fireplace and king size bed.

As soon as we were settle in our new room, we ate breakfast, then rented jet skis. Jet skis are SO FUN! We speed across the ocean, jumping wakes of boats and looking for dolphins. Sadly, we didn’t spot any, but we did see two seals (not Seal and Heidi Klum, but the cute aquatic mammals). We spent the afternoon basking in the sun at the beach in full relaxation mode.

That afternoon, I bought a new dress at a cute little surf shop (I had only packed for one night) and got dressed for another fun filled evening on the town. Sunday was mellower than our first night out. We ate a delicious Italian dinner at Villa Portafino (I had the yummy chicken piccatta and he had the halibut piccatta. DELICIOUS!) We watched the end of the Lakers game, played pool (which I won two out of three, but only by default because he scratched the 8 Ball), challenged each other to an air hockey tournament (which he won) then hit the hay at a decent hour.

Monday the weather was cloudy and cool again. We wanted to go paddle boarding, but the water was too cold. We opted instead for a relaxed day, cruising the shops, hot tubbing and golf carting.

We hopped the ferry home at 5:00pm with smiles on our faces. He was the perfect travel companion. We laughed till our stomachs ached and really enjoyed each other’s company while getting to know each other better. I couldn’t have asked for a better two-day mini-vacation. CATALINA was FABULOUS! Now, back to work!

10 comments:

Freddie said...

Wonderful! You met someone! Where's the picture? What's his name? When's the wedding? Just kidding. I know famous people have little to no privacy now-a-days. Since he treats you like a princess, he must be a prince. Good Luck!

From the photo, Catalina looks beautiful. I'm glad you had a fun time. After "Busy Bee" I thought you were becoming a work-a-holic.

Are you going to download your singing on YouTube or on the blog? I'd love to see and hear your performance. You can use it as the monthly video!

Always a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

AMERA said...

Dear Chudney;

What wondeful news Chudney...
music to my ears...
I'm not be the only who is ecstatic...
so is everybody here...

though I know nothing about him...
I presume he has FABULOUS taste...
to take you to CATALINA ISLAND...
such a romantic place...

SANTA CATALINA is the place to be...
if you're willing to take the chance...
what better place to get to know each other...
than the ISLAND OF ROMANCE...

you say that he is attractive...
that is wonderful to hear...
however more importantly...
he treats you like a QUEEN...

don't know where you found him...
perhaps he found his way to you...
whichever way is unimportant...
grateful it happened to you...

I have always known Chudney...
that one day your prince would come...
hoping your dating days are over...
this time ...this will be the one...

not simply because you deserve it...
not much is more important than LOVE...
something this world is lacking...
what we need so much more of...

remember my advice Miss Chudney...
in this you must believe...
make certain you get eye contact...
the eyes will never deceive...

having been to CATALINA ISLAND...
a number of years ago...
I can attest to the fact...
it is... a very romantic place to go...

keeping both feet on the ground...
try to stay in reality...
don't get caught up in all the hoopla...
that is sage advice from me...

having seen you at Caesar's Palace...
you were about four years old...
signing REACH OUT AND TOUCH...
we've all watched how you have grown...

you are now a beautiful woman...
smart...and full of life...
one day you will make some lucky man...
a truly exceptional loving wife...

whether you care to hear it or not...
just like your BIG SIS...
it's my obligation to give you advice...
on how I feel about all of this...

whatever becomes of this...
I wish you all the best...
a heart filled with LOVE...
and a lifetime of HAPPINESS...

warm regards
amera

Mark said...

Hi Chudney,

This is great news! I wish you the best of luck!

I am not surprised that you sang, "I Will Survive"! That is one song that you must know very well from all of your mother's shows. I remember the cool story about it when your mother decided to record it, and it was dedicated to you & your sisters! In any event, it is a fun song. I agree with Freddie and would like to see a clip of your rendition of it as your next video blog.

The weather on the East Coast has been awful - very cold & rainy. I hope that this will not be a trend for the summer. I have only been in the pool a few times so far. I hope that it becomes warm & sunny soon. I am glad that you had a great trip despite the less than perfect weather!

Again, I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for the update!

Sincerely,

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Chudney, Finally I get to hear the news I always wanted to hear from you. You have a very handsome new man in ur life. I am prayin that he is the one for you, like you said it is to early to tell. The way it sound to me how he treats you is that he will be the right one. Much love to you. I hope you and your man luck. Try not to work so hard you all the energy u can get to spend as much time u can with ur new man. Signing out LENA!!!!!!!!

Crockeac said...

First I want to say Amera, that was really precious.

Next, CONGRATS CHUDNEY!!!!! I hope he makes you happy! It has been about 6 years since I last saw Catalina island,it can be very romantic.

Take it day by day and let love lead.

I am hoping you did not meet him on myspace....but none the matter, you have met him in person and shared the same room with him so we at least know he is not an ax murderer. :0)

Keep us posted. We wish you all the best!

With Great Love. ~Anj

Anonymous said...

Chudney :)

I really enjoyed hearing all this fun and wonderful news :))))))! Hope you have many, many more weekends and fun times just like this one. Not far from Catalina right now! On Redondo Beach and about to take Sarah out to see the sights of LA.(Just waitng for her to finish getting ready! lol) Only a fleeting visit for her since I'm actually on a working trip. Enjoyed some Champs whilst settling into our room, followed by a wee bite at the ever so convenient Cheesecake Factory across the street. Off to make the most of the day now and maybe Hermosa tonight for dinner. Hoping you have lots more of these blogs to tell us about :) Have fun and all the best of luck!

Love Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Hello from Iceland nice to have someone to love, I have been to Catalina very nice place, Ii would like to come to LA again and go again to Catalina.

Anonymous said...

Chudney I am SOO glad you have met someone! I can just tell by reading your blog that you are really happy right now! Thats fab :) This blog reminded me off the time when you brought that guy back to your house and he saw some pics of your mom in your house and said "So ur a big Diana Ross fan then" thats so funny! Anyway thanks for the update and I hope he's the Mr Right. Keep us all update. Sarah x

The Gentleman said...

A princess like you, deserve also a prince. All the best to you.

Ross fan said...

OMG-Michael Jackson 1959-2009.

Please give your Mother our condolences as well as the Jackson family. I can't forget how Diana introduced Michael to the world.

OMG--This is unreal