Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TWILIGHT


I admit it! I’m hooked! TWILIGHT is FABULOUS!

I was initially hesitant to read TWILIGHT. Though I do love a good book, I’m not really a huge fan of vampire stories. Recently though, I was seeking a nice long book on tape for my drive to Aspen (I road trip with the dogs in tow). A book on tape can really make the time fly by and with 13 hours (each way) ahead of me, I needed something light, entertaining and loooooooooong.

After much contemplation, I decided on TWILIGHT. I downloaded it from itunes (Book two as well called New Moon) and burned the 20 some odd CDs (Boy, is that book long). I stuck them in the CD changer to check that they worked and I was instantly swept up into this dark romance.

The series is about a teenage girl, Bella Swan who falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen, when she moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father. TWILIGHT puts a twist on standard vampire stories by focusing on love (and who doesn’t love a good love story).

Aimed at young adults (who are most likely female), the writing is light and bit cheesy but definitely captivating and a fun read. I was drawn in and instantly a fan. I have already started book two and I watched the movie the minute I got home.

I was excited to see the movie adaptation. I knew what the actors that played Bella and Edward looked like, but it’s always cool to see how the other characters are represented in film and how they differ from the picture you created in your head while reading. I thought the movie remained very true to the novel, even though it seemed a bit squished and rushed at times and a little bit campy. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and look forward to the next installment.

I think it is best to read TWILIGHT before watching the film though because so much more goes on in the book and watching the story unfold in your head is much more thrilling.

I realize that I am a bit late to jump on the band wagon, but boy am I glad I decided to take the leap because TWILIGHT is FABULOUS!

5 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMERA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.