Wednesday, November 21, 2007

LADIES CLOTHING SWAP


One persons junk is another persons treasure (or new winter outfit) so come on over and lets swap clothes and goodies!

A couple years ago, my friend Pearl invited me to a clothing swap. Basically, a bunch of women got together and brought all of their old clothes. It was a big free for all with clothes all over the floor, but it was fun. I took the idea and made it my own and now each season my friends and I get together in my living room for A LADIES CLOTHING SWAP and potluck.

Maybe I’m a bit of a control freak (ok… definitely), but I set out a bunch of rules that must be followed closely. Here are the rules: (I’ve patented them, but I will let you use them for free)

Everyone trading clothes must bring at LEAST 4 items of clothes plus accessories, anything really (the more the better!!). But remember bring only the cool ones u no longer wear NOT your old underwear or moth eaten sweaters, and no half used lotions or hotel shampoos (you would be surprised at the weird things people have showed up with).

Everyone sets up their stuff on the floor, couch and chairs (like a little shop). The mingling, eating and viewing of clothes ensues and the SWAP STARTS PROMTLY AT 8PM!

When the swap begins everyone chooses their first item, which is called “First Picks”. Once everyone chooses their first item, we move onto second and third and fourth. Once we get to five, the floor is usually opened for a free for all where everyone rushes around grabbing all the items they want (organized mayhem) till everyone has enough new stuff.

Here’s the fun part! If more than one person wants the same item, both try it on the rest of the party goers decide on who it looks best (mini-fashion week in my own living room). That person gets the keep it (everyone is friends so this rarely happens and when it does it is all in fun).

Anything that is left at the end of the night, I donate to Good Will (you get new clothes and donate to charity all in one night!)

You should try this at home with your friends!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL!!!

dalia said...

that's so much fun... i've tried many times to get my girlfriends together, to do this but they complain that i have a lot of awesome things, but never anything that will fit them... le sigh!

Anonymous said...

Sending condolences to you and your family during this time. Please be of good cheer and remember...Death has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.
God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea and I WILL be doing this! Thanks

Unknown said...

Great idea...if only my friens were my size :-(