Wednesday, September 19, 2007

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK


You know how I love Fashion Weeks and New York Fashion Week is by far the most FABULOUS (Well… I haven’t been to any in Europe, so let me change that to the most FABULOUS that I have attended).

I arrived Wednesday (via my favorite airline Jet Blue) for a week whirlwind of fashion, friends, parties, cocktails and even some family time.

The week started with excessive partying (it was my friend / ex-boyfriend Grason’s birthday). We dined with friends at Mantra, danced till the early morning at the club Room Service and even made a pit stop at the strip club next door (wild!) Partying in New York is too much (and too late for me) so night two in New York was way tamer. I met my family (all 4 of my siblings and mom happened to be in the city at once) for a yummy Italian dinner full of laughs (we have so much fun together) and love (we truly do love each other a ton).

Friday my Fashion Week began. Evan and I attended the Baby Phat fashion show (which is always a hot ticket with tons of celebrity guests) I wore a gorgeous purple mini dress by KLS (Kimora Lee Simmon’s higher end line, which I love) and we sat front row (the most coveted seats). After the show, I changed in the car (when the designer’s give you clothes… you wear them ;) into my Cavalli dress and we headed to the Just Cavalli store opening. The party was packed (and excessively HOT) and spilling out onto Fifth Ave so we just stayed a short time before heading to the Baby Phat dinner (yes, I changed again in the car ;) The dinner went long, so I snuck out (leaving Evan behind) to meet up with my sister Tracee and stepsister Leona at the Prada party. By the time I arrived, my feet were killing me and I was totally exhausted. I headed home at midnight, calling it an early night (by NYC standards) and hit the hay.

Through the weekend, I went to a couple other fashion shows. The Rosa Cha fashion show was fantastic as always. I love checking out the Brazilian bikinis, but the highlight was checking out (and making sexy eyes) at JC Chasez. He is HOT! Evan co-hosted the Unruly Heir show with Ian Somerhalder from Lost. I instantly fell in love and became mesmerized by his clear blue eyes. I snapped out of it just in time to catch the show where the amazing young designers showcased their super cool men’s line that mixes Country Club chic with Hip Hop Street. Very cool!

Also on the weekend, I hung out and partied with my many friends in New York (I grew up mostly on the east coast so many of my childhood friends are in the city). I caught up with my elementary school friend, Saskia, over croissants and coffee at Le Pain Quotidien. Got caught in the rain with my friend Nicole and her adorable babies, Ryder and Ella. I chowed on burritos (who doesn’t love Chipotle) with gorgeous Eduardo (the model I met in Miami) and shopped till I dropped with Sam (Love H&M)! Of course, I also hit the town and partied like a rock star (The club PM was Sunday’s hotspot where I sipped champagne, but kept it pretty mellow).

Monday, brought in more fabulous fashion week shows and parties. I attended Marc Bouwer (Love the gowns that stalked the runway) with my college friend (and fabulous NY Socialite) Mary Giuliani. Then after dinner at Craft Steak (I love myself some red meat!) and cocktails at the Maritime Hotel (a great outdoor patio), we headed to Butter for a wild night of drinking and dancing. Butter was definitely the hot spot of the night, where I spotted John Legend, Terrance Howard, Kimora Lee Simmons, Daymond Dash, The Kardashians, my brother and many of my friends from both East and West Coast. The best party night by far!

My last day of Fashion week, I finagled (with much struggle) my way into the Heatherette show. This show is always the highlight and the most wild show of Fashion Week. Kim K and Jenna Jameson strutted their stuff on the runway and I coveted many of the wild dresses and unique designs. I dined with the Kardashians (who were filming their reality show) and Daymond Dash at Fillipe’s (similar to Mr. Chows only on the East Coast. YUM!) Then we hit the Heatherette after party at Lotus (which was kinda mellow and lame…. Though maybe we were just too early), then the Ecco party followed by Kanye West’s shindig. Too much party hopping makes Chudney a tired girl, so the minute we stepped into the club Tenjune (where I met CariDee last season’s winner of America’s Next Top Model), I stepped back out and into a cab.

I got home still awake enough to pack, clean the apartment and go to sleep. The next morning, I departed and returned home (On my plane were a couple LA models that I know, but NO I did NOT join the mile high club. Hehe…). New York Fashion Week is always FABULOUS, but I am always happy when its time to come back home!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly the Social Butterfly! So glad to know you and your family get along so well, even with the "steps." Thanks for the updates!

Unknown said...

I love Chudney Ross! :-P

Anonymous said...

Love you. But you never mention if you have a job. Just curious.