Wednesday, August 15, 2007

GAME SHOWS

I have a bit of an obsession with GAME SHOWS and I think they are FABULOUS! Back in the day, I went to THE PRICE IS RIGHT with my housekeeper Geneva (She was amazingly funny and would have been the perfect game show contestant). We dragged ourselves out of bed at some un-godly hour and got in line at the CBS Studios around 6:00am. When we finally made it into the studio, we were seated in the back row (not prime seats for gorgeous would-be contestants). I crossed my fingers and my toes in hopes that one of us would get called down, but sadly neither of us did. No bidding on the showcase showdown for us. We left empty handed.

Years later, I finally made it onto a GAME SHOW called FUNNY MONEY on the Game Show Network. In the audition I was a whiz at the movie trivia, but when I hit that stage my damn buzzer wouldn’t work (ok, so maybe the buzzer worked just fine and I couldn’t seem to ring in fast enough). Needless to say, I left the show with a whole lot of nothing. I was the lowest scoring person EVER! Later, GSN sold my episode to Direct TV on Jet Blue (I guess my sulking over my low score made for some good TV). I had the pleasure of being humiliated over and over again for passengers flying around the US (I caught it twice. Sweet! When I walked down the aisle to the bathroom, I almost felt like a Jet Blue celebrity. HA!)

Recently I decided that I desperately wanted to be a DEAL OR NO DEAL model (I think that my calling may be to stand around looking gorgeous and holding a briefcase with a number on it). My friend Claudia Jordan is one and she always looks so happy and pretty standing up there (plus, I’m desperately seeking another part-time job to supplement my non-existent writing income).

I drove down to Orange County for the open casting call (thinking I might have a better chance in a sea of blonde women in Orange County). My friends Samantha, Tasha and I stood in line with a bunch of other ladies, preparing for our big shot at fame. While waiting, I was interviewed for Inside Edition who were there shooting a segment on the open call (I still get calls from people who saw the segment and want to know if I made the cut)!

The line moved surprisingly quickly and soon enough we were inside. We got our photos taken and sat waiting for the group interview. When I was taken into the interview room, I was surprised (and disheartened) to find that I knew the guy conducting the interview. He is an LA club promoter that I know (obviously, I go out way too much) and even worse, I had seen him the night before while NOT at my finest (I might have been a little tipsy… ok, possibly I was drunk)! He asked, “Did you have fun last night?” and moved onto the next girl. Ok, Maybe he asked me a couple more questions, but I’m a bit bitter because this was my calling, you know!! Needless to say, I don’t think I got a fair shot at the interview. What ever! The point is I’m NOT a DEAL OR NO DEAL MODEL and I’m sad.

Just last week, I got another shot at my dream of winning big on a GAME SHOW. I was a contestant on a new cool show called TEMPTATION. The show will air during the day on FOX and is a mix of pop culture trivia and the home shopping network. It’s a super cool concept and definitely worth tuning in (the host is pretty cute too)! While I am under contract (they make you sign your life away before appearing) to not reveal my ending, let me just say that ringing that damn buzzer is NOT one of my many talents.

Tune in September 10th to watch the TEMPTATION premiere. I’m on episode 8, which I will venture to guess will appear on Wednesday, September 19th.
Tune in to see if I win BIG!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chudney, LOVING the new blogs. So funny, entertaining and enlightening all in one. They really help me get through my 9-5 everyday. Thank you sooo much for responding to my email a few weeks ago. That really made my day! I have been telling all my friends about your blog. CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO WRITE A BOOK...YOU HAVE A TALENT! Best of Luck with everything! Your fans love you!
:- )

Anonymous said...

What a brave and daring, fierce, female! You are my hero! Taking those chances and daring to do it all! What's up next. I love your blog. Do keep sharing your adventures with us. This one was a hoot! I would have been in my bed under the covers after the first rejection. You go Chudney!

Gigi said...

I was on a game show once, Beat The Geeks. I was GREAT in the auditions, but I sucked on the actual show.

Kelly said...

Chudney, you are soooo funny!! I can't wait until the game show airs.

Kelly

dalia said...

good luck! i too, subsist on a non-existent writer's income. people are always telling me i "should be in tv"... perhaps gameshows are a start? lol

TCKGIRL said...

Hi Chudney, I love your blog. I will be sure to watch you on the game show. Keep doing your thing!

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to be on a game show and just sent in an application to "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" (well I am, just ask my First Grader!). Hopefully my dream will come true one day, and I'll stand next to Alex Trebek and "run a Boston" on Jeopardy!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!