Sunday, March 18, 2007

Los Angeles, CA




Every true Socialite needs a cute, little dog.




They’re a perfect accessory when toted under the arm like a clutch or when carried in a purse. I mean, check out Paris and Tinkerbell! Gorgeous!!

I’ve got one too… but he is NOT exactly an accessory.
Meet my main man, PEANUT!

Peanut came into my life back in my Colorado days (I was a ski bum in Aspen for 3 years). I searched the whole state for a teacup yorkie, but found mostly huge drooly dogs meant for the mountains and NOT suitable for a socialite ;) Finally, on a trip to Denver I found him!! He was greasy, wet and looked half dead in a glass case at pet store (YES, I know its terrible to purchase dogs from a pet store, BUT you should have seen him. He made my heart melt!) He was the only one not adopted from his litter, because he was the runt (1.2 pounds, meek and funny looking).

I was unfamiliar with the breed (He is a Silky Terrier), but instantly fell in love with the tiny thing which I toted everywhere. As he got older, he just kept growing and growing (He seems huge now at a whopping 10 pounds) and he stopped wanting to be lugged around (So much for my socialite doggy accessory) Peanut won’t ride in my purse. He hates to be toted around. Instead, he wants to run and play fetch, bark and act crazy which I have learned to accept.

He is handsome and expressive and not particularly well behaved, but he recently booked an agent (Yes, only in LA would a girl get her dog an agent, but he is way too fabulous to keep out of the spotlight) We just finished the very intense training program at the Le Paws Agency where Peanut perfected the sit, stay, down, roll over, speak and on your side commands. Though he still struggles with commands from a distance, he recently passed the CGC exam (to get a pet work permit) and soon enough he will be a BIG STAR!

If my writing / hosting career doesn’t pan out maybe Peanut will be the bread winner in the family!! God, I love that dog ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love Peanut!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe your dog has an agent.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PEANUT!! Can't wait to see him on the big screen!

Unknown said...

How cute! My dog has been trying to get me to move to LA for YEARS...

Kelly said...

OMG, peanut is sooooo cute! I've always been a cat person. That was until Dr. Bear, my black and tan chihuahua adopted ME! I wanted him to have a play mate. So I found Inspector Lamb Chop, a white adorable Bichon Frise. Please let us know when peanut's gonna be making his big screen debute!

Anonymous said...

What is a ski bum?
For 2 yrs straight u lived in Colorado ?

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful
To me...
http://segritta.blox.pl/resource/jorkus.jpg

Divalish said...

Miss Chudney?

Being a Denverite myself, I would love to know your impressions of The Mile High City? Don't worry, you can be brutally honest, I won't be offended. LOL! I'm finding the older I get the more I want to stretch my wings and find another locale in which to wile away my senior years, but the only place I've found that I like more than Denver (it's the mountains you know) is San Franciso. You mentioned you found peanut in Littleton? Have you spent much time hanging in Littleton?

diana
xo